Merry Christmas, Mom - Part VII

Merry Christmas, Mom - Part VII

A Poem by Randy Johnson
"

DEDICATED TO AGNES JOHNSON (1948-2013) WHO PASSED AWAY ON MARCH 6, 2013.

"
Lots of people all over the world will celebrate the Yuletide.
This will be the seventh Christmas that has come around since you died.
We celebrated many Christmases together but we'll never do that again.
Christmas is a time for peace on Earth and goodwill to all men.
It was nice that we celebrated Christmases while you were here.
But during the Christmas of 2012, I didn't know the end was near.
If we could spend this Christmas together, it certainly would please me.
But that isn't possible and Christmases aren't as good as they used to be.
On Christmas Day, people should be with their families.
When we celebrated Christmas, it was always sure to please.
A person is never truly gone if he or she is somebody who people remember.
You'll be with me in spirit even though I'll be alone on the 25th of December.
When you died at the young age of 64, it was hard for me to understand it.
Merry Christmas Mom, you were one of the greatest mothers on the planet.

© 2019 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this really got to me...i have been trying to sort out Christmas the past few years without my folks...

they have been gone 6 and 3 years..and i am still not used to it at holiday time.
longing for one more...even though it won't happen.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
1 Review
Added on December 1, 2019
Last Updated on December 1, 2019
Tags: Christmas, Holidays, Mother

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing