The Horrible Accident

The Horrible Accident

A Poem by Randy Johnson

When I fired my gun at a criminal, I accidentally shot an innocent bystander. 
I made a horrible mistake, I was supposed to shoot someone else than her. 
The person who I accidentally shot was only eighteen years old and I killed her. 
The guilt I feel is too much to bear and I resigned, I'm no longer a police officer. 
When I shot and killed that girl, it was a horrible accident, I did not mean to do it. 
Even though the police academy trained me not to make such a mistake, I blew it. 
I shed tears every single day because I feel remorse. 
My wife can't take it anymore, she's getting a divorce. 
My wife constantly told me to get over it but she was beating a dead horse. 
I ruined my life, I've lost my wife and I had to resign from the police force. 
When I accidentally shot and killed that girl, it was a tragic thing to do. 
If you're a cop, I pray that what happened to me doesn't happen to you.

© 2022 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on December 9, 2022
Last Updated on December 9, 2022
Tags: Accident, Death, Fiction, Sad, Tragedy

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing