Merry Christmas, Mom - Part XI

Merry Christmas, Mom - Part XI

A Poem by Randy Johnson
"

DEDICATED TO AGNES MARIE JOHNSON (1948-2013) WHO PASSED AWAY ON MARCH 6, 2013

"
When I say that you were a wonderful mother and person, I'm being sincere.
The memory of the last Christmas that we shared is something I hold dear.
We spent many Christmases together but we won't be able to do it again.
We'll spend Christmases together in Heaven in the future but I don't know when.
Back in 2012, I gave you and Dad two presents each on Christmas Eve.
You passed away less than three months later and it was hard to believe.
I didn't realize just how sick that you were.
Your death was painful and hard to endure.
If I'd known that the Christmas of 2012 would be our last Christmas, I would've appreciated it more.
I will always appreciate and cherish the final Christmas we shared and all of the Christmases before.
You and Dad are both gone and I can't spend another Christmas with either of you.
I want to wish you and Dad a Merry Christmas because it's the proper thing to do.

© 2023 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Merry Christmas to you, your family, your mother and all others.Beautiful poem. The poem has a soul.

Posted 4 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
1 Review
Added on December 3, 2023
Last Updated on December 3, 2023
Tags: Christmas, December, Holiday, Mom

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing