Rant

Rant

A Poem by Rasputin
"

A string of cynical thoughts that occurred to me one day (as opposed to a legitimate poem). The title says it all.

"
I was just watching 'Goodfellas', and there are plenty of scenes in that movie where the main characters spend their nights in bars, clubs and restaurtants where famous lounge-lizard singers peddled their audible wares to enthused crowds who ate that s**t up like candy. 

Every performer sounded exactly the same, in that they all sang with trained voices as smooth as olive oil. 

And even though each performer had their "own" lyrics, you could easily tell that they were reading off of mental cue cards. 

Each and every song was the same smooth, easy-going, trying-to-get-laid love ballad that everyone expected; in other words, fellatio floated through the atmosphere like clouds that lacked musical talent or taste. 

It was insipid garbage, and I would be glad that we as a society are all but done with that garbage. 

But the truth is, we are anything but. 

All we've done (I mean as a culture; I had nothing to do with this horseshit) is made our love ballads into obvious celebrations of slutiness. 

Don't get me wrong; in principal, I have nothing against slutiness; in fact, in most cases, I encourage it wholeheartedly. 

My main gripe is with people who try to differentiate between s****y performers, regardless of gender. 

It has always been the same unoriginal, mundane, obvious, colorless, faceless ruse that the opposite sexes have played on one another since the beginning of time. 

Men try to get into women's pants by making false promises and by flauting their money and possessions.

Women make men work for said possessions so that they can realistically attempt to f**k the women, because as we all know (even though most people don't want to admit this fact in mixed company), there are two forces behind american economics: men trying to impress women with material goods, and women showing some bedroom prowess; because if women don't show some flare when it comes to sex, then are they really worth men's pursuit of material goods in the first place? 

I hesitate to call it a maze, because once you look at a maze from the outside, it becomes much clearer; when you're in the maze, all you see are walls and limitations. 

The way I see it, it's more of a carefully orchestrated opera, only there are VERY few people who know who the conductor is, and even less people who care. 

Societal creature comforts are all that matter: men want sex, and will settle for sex. 

Women want sex (even though some hide it better than others), but they also want much, much more. 

And they know that because men want sex as a primary goal, and that men are the common laborers, that they have a certain amount of leeway pertaining to what they can and cannot demand. 

Sex is the cornerstone of our entire economy (look at valentine's day if you don't believe me).

© 2012 Rasputin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on February 5, 2012
Last Updated on February 5, 2012

Author

Rasputin
Rasputin

Leng, MA



About
*****I am the sole owner of all written content herein. Unless otherwise noted, I do no own any pictures displayed herein. All copyrights are the property of their respective owners.***** more..

Writing