tick tock

tick tock

A Story by Rats
"

Tick tock goes the clock but no one ever things about the space between the ticks and the tocks till they did

"
I stood motionless in the living room, looking at the floor in front of me in complete and udder silence. It was the place where my mother had had the seizure. Now she's in the hospital and I'm left to fend for myself. Tick,Tock. Tick,tock. Tick,Tock.
I feel like the only thing I can here the ticking of our clock keeps going with increasing need. That's when I wonder what's in the monument of silence between the tick and the tock. Listen will all my might and after a minute I here it you can hear the swishing of a cloak in the clock. The tapping of a stick. I whip around to see if there's anyone behind me no one. Im still listening to the cloak and the taping between every other tick tock when the phone rings. I jump out of my skin and answer it its the doctor saying to come see my mom as soon as I can. I hop on the bus and run to the front desk where I then get taken to see my mom. They leave me alone with her. There is a clock in her room as well and I hear it louder in-between the clicks. then suddenly a flash of silver then of black and my mom have flatlined. When the doctors come in and cover her up and turn the machine off. I listen to the clock I can no longer hear the cloak and the taping as well as before. but it is there. That's when I realize clocks really are just counting down until our deaths just only those with ears who listen know it.









20 years latter 


I was just chilling in my house when the clock that I always listen so closely to starts to have less silence than usual. That's when I realize my death is coming or im about to witness a death. The swishing of the cloak the tapping of the scythe. Then I see him the grim reaper there in front of me right before my body fell to the floor dead.


So next time you are sitting quietly alone listen to the ticking of a clock and see if you can hear death in the space between ticks.

© 2023 Rats


Author's Note

Rats
Ignore spelling and grammar please

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on December 14, 2023
Last Updated on December 14, 2023

Author

Rats
Rats

CO



About
Kinda depressed like writing kind of horrery things and deathy kind of things I am dyslexic so please give me some space in that department. more..

Writing