Invisible

Invisible

A Story by Raven Starhawk

Invisible

     Her head lay in one corner and her body in another.  Although segregated for a few minutes now, they convulsed in unison as if still intact as crimson garlands streamed from both ends.  My turn would never come.  Nestled in this damp hole those before me and after were tended to by jagged silver and nosy devices.    

Even now as the door opened with a heavy groan and a figure drenched in black emerged I had nothing to fear.  It was after all a man, a mere mortal with vulnerabilities and a mind so weak it took little effort to pry into.

“Are you there?” His voice was but a whisper yet it echoed in my skull like a bass drum.  What dim light flooded inward from the opening did nothing to highlight me as I molded perfectly in with the crude darkness.  “I have your dinner.”

Sluggishly I crawled under his view and stretched a blood soaked finger in his direction.  True to his word he had something clutched in one hand.  It dripped precious life fluid as arteries dangled.

“It’s virgin,” he declared and gently set it down before backing out and closing the door.

The heart was still warm as I plucked it from a small cherry pool and bit into it.  Truly it was from a virgin.  Don’t ask me how I could tell.  Some called me “vampire” while others referred to me as “demon”, but whatever I am and how I came to be was anyone’s guess.  As far as I know I always was and always will be.  I married eternity even before it existed; pardoned sin and remembered when there was none.

In truth I wasn’t a prisoner here.  The door served no real purpose, wasn’t a match against me and merely separated light from darkness.  If I so desired I could rip it from its frame and discard it like the vast piles of flesh littering the floor.

Then why was I here?  The world wasn’t ready yet.  Though their end was approaching I wasn’t ready yet.  Much planning needed to be had before the invisible became visible.

 

© 2016 Raven Starhawk


Author's Note

Raven Starhawk
If you want to review please let me know if there any spelling mistakes, problems with sentence structure, etc.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love how you wrote this. The first paragraph made me want to continue reading. The last paragraph made it worth the read. I've read some of your other writings and plan to read more. The sentence " are you there " should have a question mark. I find your writing intense. Keep writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love how you wrote this. The first paragraph made me want to continue reading. The last paragraph made it worth the read. I've read some of your other writings and plan to read more. The sentence " are you there " should have a question mark. I find your writing intense. Keep writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

431 Views
1 Review
Added on November 18, 2016
Last Updated on November 26, 2016
Tags: horror, vampire, demon, fiction, other