Shawn's Eyes

Shawn's Eyes

A Poem by Raven Goodpaster
"

I'm a nut.

"
Stalked, hunted, as a missing person on the first day of absence, he studies me from across a bridge only a telephone could fully appreciate.  Imagination, youth, anxiety, call it one of its many appearances, and you shall have the same demon.  This entity, genuinely souled, bewilderdly abandoned, misplaced, helplessly tied to the wall of a labyrinth's path; watching terminal bodies breathe 20% of their lung's capacity, aware that one day, they will regret wasting that 80% of crucial oxygen.  Eyes trace his humble performance, yet our audience sit restless, fatigued, and most discontent as they gaze upon his solemn contortions.  Lingering on the desolate, eternal stage, this entity timidly bows, and begins the bleak hike to the glowing red "exit" sign.  Emotionally minuscule, as a bacterium who's host is a flea, who's transportation is a great eagle; his brain, parched of dopamine, targets the departure portal like a dehydrated blood drop sliding about an equally random path as its clear, wet weather counterparts, on a car window.

© 2020 Raven Goodpaster


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on February 27, 2020
Last Updated on February 27, 2020
Tags: Nutty, crazy, happy

Author

Raven Goodpaster
Raven Goodpaster

Columbia, MO



About
I am 17 years old. I love to write fiction and I dabble in poetry. I was born in San Francisco, then I moved to New York, and now...I am in Missouri. I train in Taekwondo and I also play piano. more..

Writing