Me

Me

A Story by Madison

I’m not an emotional person. I’ve closed myself off to all my emotions to avoid being hurt. However, sometimes I crack, and everything comes flooding out.

The only emotion that has remained constant is my anger. I have a bad temper that has always gotten me in trouble.

Since that’s my only emotion that is seen, it’s a gateway to all the others. If someone makes me mad enough, I start to cry in anger. Once I calm back down, my locked up emotions come pouring out. I start crying first, just from stress, not sadness. Sadness is the worst one for me to experience, because I get trapped in my thoughts. I dig myself into an emotional hole and can’t get out. I get quiet and lost in my thoughts and memories that I can’t hear anybody talking to me, even if they’re standing in front of me. The sadness lasts for days, because I’m stuck in a whirlpool of my happy memories that were years ago. I miss them so much, and the person from them, that I become depressed that, that part of my life is over. I feel trapped, and only one person can see through my wall that I keep put up. So, when it falls I need them to help pull me out of the hole that I'm in. They make me safe and happy, but they are also the source of the sadness, because we don’t really talk or hang out as much as we did then. So, I miss them so much. But, we’re still friends, and he helps me if I need him to. He stills protects me, because he failed back then. And I love him, and he knows it. He knows I depend on him.

© 2019 Madison


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You should never place your feelings in someone else's hands. That is a recipe for disaster. It is a good way to be emotionally manipulated. People will take merciless advantage of you if you allow them to. Remembering happy memories can be worse than sad ones because you cannot ever return to those days. Emotional attachments can be exhausting. As someone who stays behind a wall, I can understand this piece. A perfect summary of a walled-off life. But I consider it freedom, not loneliness. Keeps all the wrong people away. There are no right people to me.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
1 Review
Added on June 1, 2019
Last Updated on June 1, 2019

Author

Madison
Madison

Marshall, TX



About
I'm a somewhat nice person. I tend to be a loner. I like to be by myself. I like to listen to music because it blocks everyone out. I don't like opening up to anyone. Favorite Color: Purple My Hob.. more..

Writing
This is me This is me

A Poem by Madison