Two Emails Sent and Received at the Exact Same Time

Two Emails Sent and Received at the Exact Same Time

A Story by Raven A. Myn

To: Fidello [[email protected]]
From: Mistelle [Mariner [email protected]]
CC:
Subject: Hey
Sent: 7th November, 2017 at 23:39 PM


Dear Fidello,

How have you been? I have been typing, erasing, typing, erasing this email for a while now. I just couldn’t find the right words. Or the right feelings. I hate how I left things the last time we talked. Maybe things would’ve been different then if I had known it’d be the last time. Or maybe they’d have been the same.


I am really sorry about everything. I am sorry I lied to you about seeing her. I just couldn’t muster up the courage to tell you the truth. So I lied. It’s just so easy to lie. We were falling apart and I didn’t know how to put us back together. And to be completely honest, a part of me didn’t want to. Somewhere, I was looking for a change. Maybe you were too. But I know I hurt you, and I truly never intended to. I did not plan on any of this. We were never supposed to fall out of love. 


I never knew Katherine was, well… The Katherine. And when I did figure it out, it was too late. If I had known she was your wife, I would’ve stayed away. So I am thankful I didn’t. God, this is so selfish of me isn’t it? I know it’s kind of cliche but Katherine has made my life worth living. I was miserable. You knew. I hated myself so deeply. Unfixable. So it wasn’t a surprise when, the day we first met, I found myself in a hotel room with you. I simply went to anyone who would show me the slightest of affections. And affection you shew. You knew what you were doing. And I knew too. We were nothing but two broken souls. Wrong and wronged: finding both a prey and solace within each other. And I am so thankful for that. I will forever be. But healing required leaving. So I left. And I’m sorry for how I left.


I found Katherine by sheer luck. There was something truly wrong with me, and she came along and fixed it so easily. I won’t go into details, they are of no use to anyone. But I just want you to know: I really love her and she makes me happy. I hope I make her happy too. I hope you find happiness too, I really do.


I only want the best for you. I hope this email brought you some much required closure. I will always regret how things ended between us, I hope you can forgive me someday.


Misty



To: Mistelle Mariner [[email protected]]
From: Fidello [[email protected]]
CC:
Subject: (none)
Sent: 7th November, 2017 at 23:39 PM


Hi

I’m sure you have heard of ‘Absence makes the heart grow fonder’.

You were the one relationship where I didnt feel that, because the happiness I felt with you never diminished, to warrant some form of separation to refuel my love.


I know you haven’t cut it off with me yet; but I also know that you will, or at least want to. I would ask you what went wrong or if I made some mistake but I’ve been in enough relationships to know that there’s never a straightforward answer to that; its always complicated, fitting I suppose since people are as well. I know there’s someone else in your life. It doesn’t matter how I know; I’m not even sure it matters that I do. The signs are clear as day. I guess I should’ve seen this coming �" what goes around, comes around, right? In an ironic turn of events, I think Kat might be having an affair. It feels impossible that she would do something like this. People never see it coming, do they? The other day, she smelled of Dior Sauvage. It’s the same perfume you loved on me. The universe has some really twisted humour. I don’t know how to feel about it. I do love her. Too much is happening at once. There’s no going back to my life before you. By the way, they asked a couple of people at work if we’d be interested in going to our German division for a couple of months. I wonder what Kat would say. I think I might just leave, without saying a word to her.


I hope you find whatever you’re looking for.


Let’s meet up, at least once. You can consider it the breakup meeting.

© 2023 Raven A. Myn


Author's Note

Raven A. Myn
I wrote this piece in collaboration with my dear friend, Craig H. Waley.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on May 25, 2023
Last Updated on May 25, 2023
Tags: emails, lovers, infidelity, romance, angst, breakup, epistolary fiction