Music Box

Music Box

A Poem by Raven
"

a music box that plays by it's self and children spirits dance

"
Open the box and music takes flight
Young souls giggle and sing with delight
Sweetest sounds to them they hear
Eerie haunting to us brings fear
Soft music echos the rooms
Releases the dead from their tombs
Hand in hand, round and round
Dance the dead to the box's sound
Music box fills the living with dread
Brings laughter to those of the dead
Close the box and soon you'll see
The young souls are quick to flee.

© 2016 Raven


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

thank you all for your honesty, i need it so i can become better I am new at writing but even though i'm not good i am trying to be, somethings are a challenge for me and trying to work around them so i can be better, i just love writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is very neat I know that word it not the best word but it the one I got. It is creepy and chilling but also nice. You did a great job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


At a glance, this story didn't give me the horror vibe.
However, when I began reading and absorbing each and every word you used, I began to understand why it's in this genre.

I love that the poem itself isn't what's creepy (although, when I read it, I did so as if someone were singing it and that made it 100x scarier), but WHAT you're talking about is. I shivered a bit just thinking about what kind of sound this music box makes to make living people cower in fear, while those who aren't dance away to its tunes. The music box is a type of item that a human would keep tucked away for generations without letting anyone so much as speak of it.
With just a few lines, you created an entire world and story inside of my head.
Thank you for that experience and it was indeed a great poem.

If you write anything else in the horror genre, then please let me know and I will be more than happy to read and review it.

Keep up the good work!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2016
Last Updated on August 30, 2016
Tags: music box, music, children, spirits

Author

Raven
Raven

ME



About
a 27yr mother of wonderful children.Love poetry of many forms.Trying hard to write my own.Not so good at it yet but trying hard and not giving up.Have love for dark gothic poetry as my favorite.I list.. more..

Writing
Holy Holy

A Poem by Raven