The Quicksand That Saved Us

The Quicksand That Saved Us

A Poem by Ravyn-Brielle Whitaker

I tend to torture my self dreaming of us. 

Find myself sighing remembering the nights we spent wallowing in the sorrows we had in common. 

We were so hopeless then.

These days I picture us sliding around the house in grey sweats and black socks to make our little boy laugh. 

Full body mirrors all over the house because they never lie. The quicksand we call love making sure we sink slow enough for the fall to last a lifetime. 

We still remember at the drip of every shiny dime from our finger tips how we made it.

How we jumped so high and slid so low dodging the ups and down of commitment despite our temporary distance.

Here and there i spit up my doubt and flush it away because your reassurance is all the medicine i need. 

Pickpocket my insolence and impatience so I'm as pure as virgin cotton when your lips graze mine because I dare not speak no corruption on our love.

I'm excited to love you like i've dreamed to for all this time. So anxious to call you mine close enough to your skin for my cool breath to kiss your ear soft enough for you to shiver a little. 

i know i'll see you soon and when i do were gonna sink in the quicksand that saved us, all over again. 

© 2018 Ravyn-Brielle Whitaker


Author's Note

Ravyn-Brielle Whitaker
feedback?
dedication to M.A.D

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your dedication and commitment. Nice, keep up the good work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

quicksand metaphorically describes the risk we take for loving someone. Nicely written

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 16, 2018
Last Updated on March 16, 2018
Tags: loveletter, lovepoem, poem, poetry, spokenword, author, writer, poet