The Unborn Son

The Unborn Son

A Story by Rawhide
"

There are worse things in Heaven and Hell than Lucifer.

"

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

The Unborn Son

Five times the Holy Bible refers to Jesus as the "only begotten son" of God. Why the need to emphasize this? Many scholars and theologians believe that it is to distinguish Jesus from the rest of mankind who are also the children of God. Though every man is brother to Jesus and every woman his sister, they were not begotten of God. Thus Jesus is His only begotten son.

Others argue that it is to emphasize the distinction between Jesus and the other heavenly spirits. The angels are creations of God and are, therfore, His children as well. But these angels were simply created from nothingness, they were not begotten of God. Jesus was born unto the world, a creation of God and Man. He is God's only begotten creation.

They are all fools. The truth is that humans are arrogant in thinking that they are worthy enough to call themselves the children of God. Even the angels dare not speak so highly of themselves. One angel did once. He dared called God "Father." When God asked him why he spoke to him with such familiarity, he replied that his own greatness approached that of God's. He was cast from heaven. He is known by many names, but he prefers to use his angel name, Lucifer.

If you haven't figured it out yet, Jesus is called God's "only begotten son" to distinguish him from me. I am the true brother of Jesus. Jesus is the result of a melding of God and man. He trully is the begotten son. I was not born of man, I was created. Unlike the angels, I was not created from nothingness. God took a piece of himself and from it, created me. I am the unborn son of God.

I have powers far beyond that of any creature save for God Himself. I do not suffer the human frailties that my brother suffered. In all ways, I am the greater son, yet men chose to follow my brother. To praise him, to pray to him. It was this indignation that taught me to despise mankind. This is why I left heaven and now walk the Earth.

My Father won't allow me to directly harm humanity. I have my own servants of my own creation that plague man on my behalf. Directing them is my faithful follower Lucifer. It is I to whom Lucifer bows down and calls "Lord."

Jesus is the light, and I am the darkness. I am the only Unborn Son of God.

© 2008 Rawhide


Author's Note

Rawhide
This is more or less a character profile. I want to do something more with this, but I'm not sure what yet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A highly interesting choice of character. Very inventive. Does it stem from a belief??? Anyway, for the character of Lucifer, I think it's great depending on what you intend to use it for. You have a rare touch of talent.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
1 Review
Added on December 24, 2008

Author

Rawhide
Rawhide

McCleary, WA



About
He puts his quill to parchment to preserve his story. Eons from now, no one will be able to fathom the depths of the suffering he felt nor the expanse of the suffering he caused. He will be villified,.. more..

Writing