To Hell, to Heaven, or to Oblivion.

To Hell, to Heaven, or to Oblivion.

A Story by Ray

The human mind shall ever reach to the stars, hoping to find what they consider to be a reason behind their existence in this universe, a final answer to quell the pain and suffering that they thrust upon each other in wildly swirling fear and confusion. They list their emotions in a way that causes them to believe that what different feelings they have are in contrast to one another. In reality, this causes nothing but ignorance for them. The mind is not a function which one can separate into parts and call themselves the master. The mind is a being all of it's own. One being. Every mind believes it is unique, that it has a purpose, that it is destined to be the cause of a great change, either for better or for worse. That maybe someday it will discover the knowledge of which man-kind has been searching for for eternity.

There is such knowledge, but no mind of man can fathom the truth of the reality they are a prisoner of. What lies beyond death, where and wen the universe will end, what the purpose is of life itself. Such knowledge has been placed on Earth for man to find, but the truth is only to be learned at the last moment of one's life.

A book.

A book that can only be read as one drifts away from his body. A book containing every secret, answer, story and word. A book so filled with knowledge, that if one was to attempt to read it whilst his life was still limited by his mind, he would be ripped from existence, and laid down upon the gaze and judgement of the Oblivion. The ultimate ruler of the reality of the mind. Only he may decide as to whether a man should be cursed to an eternity in the burning mountains ranges of Hell, be blessed with a second chance to fulfil your time in reality with a new life, or to be sat at It's right hand in ruling the chaos of the human's reality on the mind, causing insanity where peace one lay. It's book of knowledge was placed on Earth as both a pathway through death, but also a temptation through life.

It's true that the human mind may ever reach for the stars, but what will they find up there? Will they ever be able to accept the truth that their universe is final reach of the mind, and what lies beyond their reality is a universe that one would could never hope to understand.
Perhaps they'll realise one day. Perhaps they will find the book of knowledge. Or perhaps, they will see It in a dream. No, I'm not referring to the book. I'm talking about It. Oblivion.

© 2018 Ray


Author's Note

Ray
I've been very interested in H.P. Lovecraft stuff recently, and I figured I would have a go at writing something that was inspired by them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on February 16, 2018
Last Updated on February 16, 2018
Tags: Sci-fi, Psychological

Author

Ray
Ray

Brisbane, Australia



About
I'm just here to write out what on my mind. A place to get my thoughts down in a way that maybe is interesting to others. Probably not though. more..

Writing
A Name. A Name.

A Poem by Ray





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5