Summer

Summer

A Story by RayLynn
"

Part of a novel I'm starting, narrated by a character named Summer

"

          I pull the covers over my head and curl myself into a ball. The only thought running through my head is the hope that my best friend won’t find me.

          Just as I begin to think that maybe, just maybe, she’ll let me stay, there’s a loud banging at the door. I wince, pulling myself closer to him and trying to make myself as small as I possibly can.

          “Aaron! I know she’s with you, just open the door,” she yells as she knocks again. There’s a quick click as she scans a key card and the doors flies open and she barges into the room.

          “Before you go insane and try to kill me, you should know that she’s not here. You made us sleep in separate rooms for tonight, remember?” Aaron holds up his hands innocently.

          “You’re a terrible liar, Aaron.” She pulls the covers off the bed, revealing that I am indeed curled against him. I do a little half wave to her.

          “Hey Chloe. Funny seeing you here,” I say with a light-hearted laugh.

          “Get out of the bed, Summer. You know its bad luck for the groom to see his bride the night before a wedding. I’m trying to be a good maid of honor, but you’re making my job so damn difficult.” Chloe crosses her arms over her chest and stares down at me.

Aaron tightens his grip around my shoulder as I bury my head into his chest. I know I should go with Chloe, but I just can’t bring myself to leave. I’ve waited years for someone like Aaron and now that I have him, I don’t want to be without him for even a second. “Just five more minutes Chloe, please.”

“You have years ahead of you to hold and love him!” Chloe exclaims. “You can spare one night, the night before your wedding to be precise.”

I give her a pleading look. I know I’m being sort of childish right now, but honestly five more minutes won’t make a difference. I think the whole “groom can’t see the bride on the night before the wedding” is an old wives’ tale anyways. Chloe checks her watch. “Alright. Five minutes. But I won’t wait one minute longer than that, and if I have to, I will drag you out of this room.”

She steps outside to wait for me. Creeping up to the door, I can see through the peep hole that she’s literally right outside of the door. Sighing I turn back to my soon to be husband.

“She’s not going to lighten up on this at all, you know.” I walk back over and sit next to him.

“Did you really expect anything less?” He smiles warmly as he props himself up on his elbow. He wraps his other arm around my waist and nuzzles his head against my leg. “You really should get going before she calls in reinforcements to take you back to your room.”

I bend down and give him a kiss on his forehead. “Good night my prince.”

I lower my head a little more so our foreheads meet. I could sit like this all night to be honest. I close my eyes and try to just stay in this moment. His touch is intoxicating and I can’t help but fall a little more in love with him every time I’m with him. I know I made the right choice with choosing him.

He slides his head up and his lips brush against my cheek then trace a path the side of my face. “Good night my queen.” His hot breath tickles my ear and I giggle lightly. I slowly stand up again and walk to the door. I turn one last time and smile at my fiancé. Then I slip quietly out of the room, sliding the door shut behind me.

© 2016 RayLynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very sweet dialogue, I really like this whole piece. It's an ordinary topic, but your dialogue was so fantastic, it looks like an excerpt from a book. It's very well written, with a type of super cute romance, that really makes the piece.
Great write!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very sweet dialogue, I really like this whole piece. It's an ordinary topic, but your dialogue was so fantastic, it looks like an excerpt from a book. It's very well written, with a type of super cute romance, that really makes the piece.
Great write!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Added on October 31, 2016
Last Updated on October 31, 2016

Author

RayLynn
RayLynn

Superior, WI



About
Just a poor girl from a poor family putting herself through school and writing along the way more..

Writing
Poetry Book Poetry Book

A Poem by RayLynn