Listen

Listen

A Story by Soul Fire
"

This is my description of the emotions,thoughts,and what goes on in a person's head.When they knew they should have said or done something,but they didn't.

"

Copywright of SMB ©


It's crazy how many things we want  to say or do,or we know we need to or we should but we don't.We don't because we're afraid.But why are we afraid,and what are we afraid of?


We are afraid.We are afraid of being criticized and ridiculed.Afraid of what people will say,what people will think.What they will say about us,what they will do,and what they will think of us.Even when we have enough courage to,sometimes,a lot of times,we don't.Why? Because fear is a very strong and powerful thing.Even when we have the courage we don't.We just don't.We clam up and shut down.Even if we know that we should have.But we didn't ,and we regret it,and we feel HORRIBLE.


And then when someone else has the courage to do it,or say it.We criticize them.We become the creature we feared.the irony.



Then when we don't our thoughts are effected.``I should have.'' goes through your head over and over again.It gets worse because you criticized someone,who had something you didn't,true courage.You think why did I do that?You start to regret it,regret everything.You are brutally attacked by those nagging voices in your head.They battle for control over you,and your thoughts.You fight it,but eventually, you surrender.


As the cycle of grief continues.You become mad,mad with the ''should have'',''could have'' and ''would have'' 's. You  become sick and tired of feeling this way.You plan and plot ways to make things right.You try to forgive yourself,and seek forgiveness.You beg,plea and pray for it.


You search for anything and everything that will possibly help you,as you become desperate for the relief of this feeling.You come desperate for peace.You become a crazy, desperate, hungry for forgiveness creature roaming the earth,searching for relief.


And then you find refuge.

You find forgiveness.

Now you are at peace.



© 2012 Soul Fire


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on July 11, 2012
Last Updated on July 11, 2012

Author

 Soul Fire
Soul Fire

Little Dreams, Dreamland, Canada



About
Hello, I'm Raya. I love music,writing and singing.I'm always writing or creating something.I really enjoy singing and writing my own music.I write stories,poems and books.I have a large variety of.. more..

Writing
brrr brrr

A Poem by Soul Fire