Heart of a Phoenix

Heart of a Phoenix

A Poem by Soul Fire
"

A poem about true courage and strength, the courage to be yourself- your true self and letting go and accepting who you are- and all that you are.

"
Caged inside a broken heart,
A spirit lies, hidden, from the world above.

A spark of fire in a torn soul,
Filled with power and hope.

Waiting to start a wild fire inside the broken girl it lives inside.
Why would she label this spirit as something to hide?

Hidden beneath a thousand foot walls,
Is a egg of hope and love,
Wanting so desperately to break and enter the world above.

But this darkness inside its shell is the only thing it could ever feel,touch or smell.
Such a sad creature hidden deep inside, why is something this beautiful told to hide?
Depressed from this fact of it's life it's spirit is saddened and sunk deep inside.
Why is something this beautiful told to hide?

Then One Beautiful Day, 
This broken girl was close to death from the chains around her.She started to get stronger and stronger.
She deeply desired to break the chains and fly!
She fought against odds that were said to be unbeatable, as this little egg  inside her started to hatch away.
So when this broken girl started to fly, all the chains broke apart and on the ground they lied!

The little egg that was hidden inside her got strong enough to grow,
It hatched from it's shell and wanted the whole world to know.

This little hatchling though, not too much older than birth,
Got up and stood high as could be, with it's head high, it saw the outside for the first time and all it's beauty.
This little hatchling so precious, a gift from the saviour given to her at before conception.
This little hatchling was hidden away because of the Devil's deception.

So now inside this beautiful soul, no longer broken,
Sparked a wild fire for all to behold.

From beneath the ashes,
A Phoenix arose,
and this little warrior wanted all to know.

© 2013 Soul Fire


Author's Note

 Soul Fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGVNuSYDbvo

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful! And no reviews! What very shallow people! I saw this title and instantly clicked on it. I read your description- amazing, just what I needed at the moment. Read the poem- felt empathy and pride. I know just how this little phoenix feels, just how you feel. This is a truly wonderful piece, it's just great!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 Soul Fire

11 Years Ago

Thank you soo much C :) for being the first to review, so happy you reviewed! :D
C.A. Lucas

11 Years Ago

My pleasure :)
 Soul Fire

11 Years Ago

:)



Reviews

Beautiful! And no reviews! What very shallow people! I saw this title and instantly clicked on it. I read your description- amazing, just what I needed at the moment. Read the poem- felt empathy and pride. I know just how this little phoenix feels, just how you feel. This is a truly wonderful piece, it's just great!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 Soul Fire

11 Years Ago

Thank you soo much C :) for being the first to review, so happy you reviewed! :D
C.A. Lucas

11 Years Ago

My pleasure :)
 Soul Fire

11 Years Ago

:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
1 Review
Added on January 2, 2013
Last Updated on February 11, 2013
Tags: strength, courage, being yourself

Author

 Soul Fire
Soul Fire

Little Dreams, Dreamland, Canada



About
Hello, I'm Raya. I love music,writing and singing.I'm always writing or creating something.I really enjoy singing and writing my own music.I write stories,poems and books.I have a large variety of.. more..

Writing
brrr brrr

A Poem by Soul Fire