Hell Bunny

Hell Bunny

A Story by Dick Noble
"

holiday story

"

Hell Bunny

By

Dick Noble

 

 

     The gaunt black and tan hound threw a glace over its shoulder, drool splashing its matted coat. Its wind was gone but maybe, just maybe, it had run far enough. Slowly the dog walked up the slope with its heaving sides sucking in fresh air and rested on the black basalt rock at the hill’s crest.

     The exhausted dog, surveyed the creek valley below with dim eyes and sharp ears for any sign of its tormentor. There, in the willow wands, it caught a flash of movement. It was searching for him. The dog cowered in the shadows of the rock hoping its pursuer would pass by and not notice him.

      A large gray and white shape hopped over the crest of the hill, sampled the air currents with its cute twitching nose and pounced on the poor canine tearing it apart like a piece of lettuce.

      The bunny felt good, at the top of his game, but the dog was just a warm up for his showdown with fatty. The final match to determine which holiday would reign supreme. Christmas was coming and so was the Easter Bunny

                     END

 

© 2016 Dick Noble


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting premise. I wonder though, is the dog representing a holiday? I couldn't think of one, though I realize it may be a Canadian thing.

Some quick grammar notes:

Never separate the subject of a sentence from the verb with just one comma. For example, there should not be a comma after "dog" in the second paragraph.

Make sure you decide if the dog is an "it" or a "him." You can't go back and forth.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 21, 2016
Last Updated on August 21, 2016

Author

Dick Noble
Dick Noble

Calgary, Alberta, Canada



About
Dick Noble is the pen name of Richard Bishop, a Calgary writer who has published several non-fiction articles, mood pieces and humour stories in North American magazines and a story in the anthology.. more..

Writing
His River His River

A Story by Dick Noble


December 32 December 32

A Story by Dick Noble