Your match

Your match

A Story by Real13
"

This is what I think of when I hear the word "love"

"
Before I fall asleep at night, I imagine you next to me. We're laying in my bed and i'm holding you tight. I'm holding your hand and my head itches, but idc because I what I want is to hold your hand and feel your touch. Your hand is soft, warm and comforting. I like taking my thumb and slowly rubbing it up and down the back of your hand, as i'm still holding your hand of course. My other hand is alternating between playing with your hair and gently rubbing my fingers/fingernails back and forth your spine. You're already right next to me but I pull you in closer because I want you as close to me as possible. My eyes...are looking right at you, where else would they be or even want to be? They are locked on yours and we're staring right into each others souls. The lights are turned off and there is music playing in the background, but it's not very loud and we can hear each other perfectly. We talking, but this isn't small talk, it's real talk. We are discussing our deepest thoughts, dreams, ideas, fears, hopes, fascinations, what confuses us, what makes us happy, what it really means to be alive and what we want out of this thing we call life. Our eyes do not move as this conversation comes to fruition, we laugh, ponder and make fun of each other during it and feel good about getting a deeper understanding of the person who means so much. If one of us mentions a good idea, we support it. If one of us mentions a bad idea, we still support it and give them advice on how to possibly make it better and if it's flat out ridiculous we say that's a awful idea and give them a nudge, then laugh about it and potentially hold it against them for months, but in a funny and playful way. If one of us mentions a dream, we say go for it. Even if our friends don't support it, our family, or anyone else, we say go for it, because they say it's what makes them truly happy, and what we want more than anything is to make sure each other is happy and satisfied. We encourage the other, we want to make each other better and help get through the everyday struggles of life. If one of us is sad, the other makes sure to give this person soft kisses on their lips, cheeks and forehead. If this person is still sad we will get up and start singing and dancing to a song to make them laugh, then jump back into bed and hold their hand and cuddle them tighter than ever. Sometimes the conversation will go silent and we stare into each others eyes without saying a word. Minutes go by and we're still staring into each other. It isn't awkward, we nervously laugh a few times but we are staring at this person and thinking this is the face of the person I love and I wouldn't trade it for anyone else's in the world, even if it isn't perfect to others, it is beyond perfect to me and I love it. You think about how much you love this person and want to give them your everything, they mean the world to you. You don't want them to feel physical or emotional pain, but you know they will, and that's ok, because you'll be there to care for them when those things happen, no matter what. You both can't stop starting at each other, you talk about the weirdest things, things that would most likely freak other people out if you ever said it, but you both like it, you think it's cute, you start talking about even weirder things and laugh about it, you both love how weird you two can be. It's attractive. You aren't even tired despite it being so late, you're wide awake staring at your true love. You've acknowledged the fact that you're both not perfect, and that's what makes you both unique and special. You both like different, you don't want the typical 21st cenutry guy or typical 21st century girl, you want this person laying tight in front of you and you're not going to let them go. You both understand how the world can be and how not all people have good intentions and are only out for themselves. You are happy you've found a person who you can connect with and be on an incredibly intimate level with both emotionally and sexually. You pull the girl in even closer to you and her head is resting on your chest. You start whispering in her ear how much she matters to you and how beautiful she is and that she is a strong and independent women who is going to do amazing things in this world. You kiss her a few more times and tell her you love her. You hold her tight and don't let go, and you both fall asleep together in peace. To me, this is love...

© 2016 Real13


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on May 2, 2016
Last Updated on May 2, 2016

Author

Real13
Real13

NY



Writing
Karma Karma

A Story by Real13


Cursed Cursed

A Story by Real13


Julia Julia

A Poem by Real13