When Lying, Backstabbing In-Laws Invite Themselves Over

When Lying, Backstabbing In-Laws Invite Themselves Over

A Story by RealistMe
"

Originally, this was going to be a blog. However, I decided to explain these current events into great detail.

"

How's it going writers? I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving. I spent most of my Thanksgiving sleeping in, watching some TV, and eating, while avoiding my uncle and his backstabbing shrew. They invited themselves over. Thanks to my muscle relaxant, I managed to enjoy my Thanksgiving in my bedroom away from THEM. LOL!


After having a bad last week, I slept in this past Sunday and took a shower, only to hear my mother be the bearer of bad news. As soon as I got dressed, my mother had to brace herself for my bad reaction. She said my grandmother called, saying that my uncle's shrew, Medusa, invited themselves over for Thanksgiving. We were all hoping, that Medusa and my uncle would invite themselves over to her sister's house. You might be saying to yourselves, "Aww, you shouldn't be like that, during the holidays." Allow me to bring you up to speed about these 2 Great Gatsby Wannabees.


Earlier this summer, my uncle made me work for his on/off again company. I was originally supposed to be his secretary. I soon became his maid, tile labeler, web content writer, almost dog sitter (I nipped the dog sitting in the bud, before he had the chance to mention it), and verbal punching bag. Medusa never supported my uncle's business and never wanted a part in it. As soon as he told his shrew, that his on/off again, failbag, company would be my "inheritance," she decided to be her usual greedy, scheming, lying self. Since my birthday is in mid-June, my uncle and Medusa decided to horn into my birthday plans.


Any other time, they're usually no-shows for my birthday. The last 2 birthdays, they didn't buy me anything. I love celebrating my birthday with my friends because it's the only way I can catch up with them and avoid The Great Gatsby Wannabees. I didn't get a chance to celebrate my birthday with friends this year because I was originally celebrating my birthday with my family household. At the last minute, my uncle and Medusa horned in and invited themselves.


About 2 weeks after my birthday, my uncle returned to our house. He informed us about his lying, manipulative shrew wanting into his failbag company. Not only this, but Medusa also wanted to oust me from the company and replace me with her friend's daughter, before I started. My uncle told us about their battle they had about me working for his company. Then, my grandmother informed him, that if he fired and replaced me with Medusa's friend's daughter, they were being disowned from the family. My uncle was told this several times over the last 5 months, that I worked for him.


Those last 5 months were completely hellacious. I constantly distressed over being fired, fighting daily with my uncle because he thought I was his mind reading, verbal punching bag, along with being caught between he and Medusa's marital problems. That's not including being the victim of 2 car accidents 3 weeks apart from each other in August. I was the front seat passenger both times. The 2nd time, I was rear-ended just minutes away from my uncle's company. I toughed out that day, while fighting with my uncle because he wanted to minimize my pain and injuries. Even though it's been 3 months, since my 2nd car accident, I'm still recovering from whiplash.


During those same 5 months, Medusa couldn't help creating more problems for everyone. When my uncle was in the middle of installing his camera, she called his cell phone and decided (on a whim) to go see a movie because she was off work early. He argued with her over the phone but he literally stopped installing his camera to go see a movie with Medusa. There was another day the shrew stopped by the company (on a whim), seeking my validation about the restroom colors. Medusa claimed to have wanted my "input" about what colors to paint the restroom walls. She wanted to paint the women's restroom this ugly, Halloween Orange color. I suggested painting the walls more feminine, pastel colors such as pink, blue, purple, etc. I even tried meeting the shrew halfway by having the walls painted peach. Then, she decided to stir the drama pot by making my uncle choose between us by saying, "Honey, we seem to be having a difference in opinion on the bathroom colors. Maybe you can be the tie breaker." As I previously said, Medusa didn't want my input. She wanted me to be her flunky and validate her restroom wall choices. If I opposed her, she would cry victim.


Last month really took the cake. Even though my uncle is paying our local journal sentinel to design his company website for $10,000, he volunteered me to be his content writer. I worked on the content writing for my uncle's website on/off. It was mostly because of his shrew. Medusa was originally supposed to be "quitting" her job in late June to help build my uncle's company from the ground up. This was a very stupid decision to make. By Medusa now owning part of his company, she has the excuse to say, that she helped build it from the ground up, if they ever get divorced. Meanwhile, my uncle allowed his shrew to slither into his company and play the absentee dictator of it.


Anyway, last month, I was supposed to be "working from the home," until Medusa settled into the company. I never completely "worked from the home," last month. My uncle made me sit in his freezing cold building all day, waiting for 1 shipment an entire week. While I was there that same week, Medusa started visiting more frequently. I would be in the middle of content writing, while she decided to have small talk. Medusa informed me about my uncle's dental appointment.


Then, I showed her my new pair of frames I bought for glasses. As soon as I mentioned, that our local optical store had zebra print glasses, she started acting like we were such gal pals. Medusa gave me her leopard print, mechanical pencil because she knows I like leopard print whereas she loves zebra print. Not that I wanted her pencil, but I took it because she was giving it to me. I stopped using pencils once I got into high school and college. LOL! During our conversation, I let Medusa know where she could locate zebra print glasses. Within the same day, I had her proof read the content I had so far written for my uncle's site.


The next day, we were at the company again and my dumb a*s slightly dropped my guard for Medusa. Just when I wanted to believe there was SOME good in her, I confided in her about my uncle making me his verbal punching bag, him ignoring me, whenever I relayed important information about his company to him, making me waste part of my time for 1 lousy shipment to arrive, etc. Gradually, Medusa said she would have a "talk" with my uncle because it was "unfair for me" to stay at the building "with nothing to do." I never said I didn't have anything to do, which was what she told my uncle.


The day after, he stormed into the building acting like his usual screaming numbnuts self. My uncle said Medusa told him, that I claimed I had "nothing to do." Then, he sent me home an entire week. I guess that was his way of "suspending" me from my duties. When I was sent home that entire next week, this lady, who I previously scheduled my uncle's bid with in September, stopped by the company unannounced. She was already upset with the fact, that my uncle was a no-show the 1st time. Once she saw none of us were inside the building, she sent him another heated message about his piss poor company. I learned of this because my grandmother relayed my uncle's message to me about returning to the company. It's not that my uncle couldn't call my cell phone and inform me, himself. He called my grandmother instead because he lied on me to a customer, who I helped him get in September. The supposed lie my uncle told the lady was that I was gone to a "doctor's appointment," when he actually suspended me from work because his shrew previously lied on me the last week.


During the last 2 weeks of October, I returned to the company with a Halloween decoration for my desk. It's a witch house with the witch stirring her witch's brew, a glowing bat silhouette, and a skull spinning around. When my uncle saw it, I asked him if it was okay for me to have it. He didn't make a big stink about me having the decoration. Therefore, I assumed my uncle didn't have any problems. As soon as it was the final week of October, he stormed into the building like an a*****e. My uncle informed me, that Medusa "had a fit" about my Halloween decoration. Supposedly, she doesn't celebrate Halloween. I reminded him, that Medusa reads all those Stephen King novels and watches all King's horror movies yet she was supposedly offended by my Halloween decoration. I let my uncle know, that his shrew is a hypocrite. If anything, Medusa was offended by my Halloween decoration because she saw her own wicked reflection in that witch.


The next day, my uncle fired me. We got into a huge argument about he, Medusa, and their marital problems, that they drag to work with them. After my uncle fired me, he went on an excursion somewhere. Meanwhile I cleaned out my desk, shredded the last 3 months of my office calendar, locked my spare office desk key into the drawer, hid the other desk key behind my desk, and threw Medusa's noxious odor smelling, bathroom hand soap in the warehouse. They're both very lucky, that I didn't vandalize her office. I was highly tempted to gut those stupid plants, that she set on my desk, and dump them all over her office that day. Later, my uncle returned and dropped me off at my house. My mother and grandmother informed him, that he and his shrew treated me like s**t, and my grandmother stopped blessing he and his company.


Returning to earlier this week, Medusa caught my grandmother off guard. Medusa called my grandmother, when she was at church. Medusa indirectly invited she and my uncle to our house for Thanksgiving. When my mother relayed the news to me, I was livid. The fact that my uncle and Medusa lied, backstabbed, threw me under the bus, and fired me, then invited themselves over for Thanksgiving on a whim, really had me steaming. Talk about nerve!


I didn't spend any time with them yesterday for Thanksgiving. My family said, that Medusa purposely pointed out my absence from the dining room table with them. That shrew was either oblivious to the fact, that I'm pissed off about last month and I hate their guts even more, or she was purposely playing victim/instigator. Everybody's lucky that I stayed in my bedroom all yesterday. I would've probably snapped and went into Cujo Mode on The Great Gatsby Wannabees. My oldest aunt said Medusa tried acting like she and I were such gal pals at dinner, yesterday. Medusa thinks we're all so stupid and don't see her true colors. I was onto that shrew the first 5 minutes I ever met her. This was after she manipulated my uncle into marrying her, when my grandfather was terminally ill, 9 years ago.


With all that I've said, what do you think about lying, manipulative, backstabbing in-laws, who invite themselves over to family members' homes, that they purposely wronged?

© 2013 RealistMe


Author's Note

RealistMe
This is about Thanksgiving and the last several months.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Painful journal entry - I am sorry for your pain - nevertheless, pain is always a great muse - so from this you can pen a great poem or story

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RealistMe

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. I've already thought about this. I've actually been working on another sto.. read more
Is this a true story? Family is supposed to be there for you not use you and abuse you .That being said your story was well written and entertaining.Good job

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

LOL that will be a fine show :)
RealistMe

10 Years Ago

You bet it would be. LOL!
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

hahahahahaha

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

385 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 29, 2013
Last Updated on December 1, 2013
Tags: Lies, Manipulations, Backstabbing, In-Laws, People Inviting Themselves Over, Halloween, Thanksgiving

Author

RealistMe
RealistMe

Wauwatosa, WI



About
I am a diversified, MULTI-RACIAL woman, and have a BA in Asian Studies with a Creative Writing Minor. I am a writer, blogger, website owner, and a former DJ/Radio Show Hostess for my own radio show at.. more..

Writing
Model Parent Model Parent

A Story by RealistMe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..