Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
Pond Ripples - October 2008 Issue

Pond Ripples - October 2008 Issue

A Story by RebeccaPsalm27_1

From the Editor

 

Hello All!

Wow! October is here. The year is quickly coming to a close. Did anybody keep their resolutions for the year? I'm working on a new one. I want to stop being a pack rat! :)

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes for my son and me. We both had wonderful birthdays. October is going to be another month of birthdays. My mom's birthday is this month. So is one of my uncle's and many of my cousins. (If I count I'll be sure to forget someone.)

Speaking of birthdays, and more specifically births, not one person brought it to my attention that I forgot to tell all of you the gender of our baby last month. We're having another boy. My husband is thrilled. We've got to start gathering boy clothes again since I gave much of what we had to a couple of my cousins with baby boys. I worried my daughter would be a little disappointed, but she took about five seconds to completely accept that she's not getting a sister at this time. Now she's excited about having two brothers. We just have to figure out from here what to name this one. My husband and I discussed it quite a bit last night, but we didn't make any progress toward a decision. We have a little longer to figure it out. I want something with some history to tell this son about. My daugther is named after my grandmother, and my son is named after his Daddy. The history is very important to me.

The Walk for Life was a blast! My daughter walked nearly the entire two miles. We had the stroller in case she tuckered out. I think my son would have walked more than he did, if the walk wasn't first thing in the morning. He is not a morning person, but he gets it honest. I'm not sure where my daughter's bright and cheerful morning attitude comes from. We raised $221.00 for the Choices Resource Center. The volunteers manning the walk were so nice, they let both my kids have a Walk for Life t-shirt even though they only raised enough money for one. If we do the walk again next year, which I am hoping to, I may take the kids to ask for sponsors at my old high school on an inservice day. It would be nice to see some of my old teachers, but a surprising number have retired so I won't be able to see them all.

Pond Ripples now has 80 subscribers! It's so exciting to see that number grow every month. Much of that is thanks to you. I appreciate every one of you spreading the word for me. We're getting closer to that 100 people mark.

The short story contest is at risk of being cancelled, but you can help by entering. I need AT LEAST one more entry. I've extended the deadline to November 1st, but that will be it. Also, it is not too early to send your entry for the art contest. It is up to you, my wonderful subscribers, to make these things a success.

Wait, I just checked my email, and a subscriber has promised to send me another entry for the short story contest TODAY. Thank you! You have saved this contest from being cancelled. I told you that you all were wonderful. Send some more. Remember, the more that gets sent in, the better the prize money will be and the more you can help Pond Ripples to expand beyond what it is now.

One last thing, I want to thank all of you for submitting your wonderful work. I don't respond to you as quickly as I hope, but I am trying. :) Please send in more. My greatest need at the moment is art and photographs.

Thank you for being the wonderful people that you are.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Burgener, editor
Pond Ripples
Psalm 27:1

 

To view the rest of this issue, visit

 

© 2008 RebeccaPsalm27_1


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
Added on October 10, 2008

Author

RebeccaPsalm27_1
RebeccaPsalm27_1

Knoxville, TN



About
I am a Christian wife and mother. I edit the e-zine, Pond Ripples (www.pondripplesmag.com). I've been writing for as long as I can remember, but I am still working toward earning a living with my writ.. more..