chapter one " i wish to be a magician"

chapter one " i wish to be a magician"

A Story by Tarekrahil
"

The tale of a cat who wishes to be a magician.

"

Chapter 1 “I wish to be magician”

 

 

Virgo sat down on his bed. He held in his lab a huge magic book that he had been reading since yesterday.

 

“Virgo...’ a scratchy voice came from the lower floor. “ Virgo, Dinner is ready”

 

Dinner? Virgo leaped of his bed and peeped out of the window. Night had fallen and the stars were sparkling over the yellow lights of the kingdom. Time has stolen Virgo through the pages of this book for a very long time.

 

“Now it’s time for them to know. I don’t care what they will say,” Virgo said to himself as he examined his black, shiny fur and slender arms in the mirror of his wardrobe. As a cat in a high-class family, Virgo was not allowed to speak some of his wishes, but now he knew that he could no longer suppress the feelings that drove him towards the one and only wish and it’s to become a famous cat magician.

 

Slowly, he thought of the words he will say, rearranged them and decided that now was the best moment for the whole world to know.

 

 

As he opened the door of his room, he remembered the book lying open on his bed. He walked back, clasped the book that was at least five times heavier than he was, and slid it under his bed with a forceful push.

 

 

 

Virgo jumped down the stairs, taking each two steps in one leap. He smiled high up as his mother approached the stairs and beamed back at him. “Come on darling” Mrs. Farkor said holding a tray of orange juice‘father is waiting for you in the living room”

 

Virgo scurried to the living room. There he found Mr. Farkor with his broad, puffing chest, red scarf, and long pointy tail that twisted around the chair’s arm, sitting silently at the food table.

 

Mr. Farkor grimed thinly at Virgo.  

 

 “Good evening father.” Virgo pulled out his chair that was shorter than the other chairs. 

 

‘Good evening Virgo.” Replied Mr Farkor with his low voice. “How was your day? Still reading”

 

Virgo nodded, trying to avoid a certain reply so that he won’t have to mention the magic book. ‘Yeah still reading....’

 

Mrs. Virgo walked in with a tray of steaming turkey. She placed it on the table and sat beside her husband, under the gleaming lamp that hung from the ceiling.

 

It was a delicious meal. Plates of rice, bowls of peppered soap and dishes of grilled Australian rats, all spreading across the circular table.

 

“Now tell me darling,’ said Mrs. Farkor ‘do you like the rice and turkey’. Mrs. Farkor said, halfway through the meal.

 

Virgo nodded placing down the spoon and facing the triangular, cheerful face of his mother. “Yeah I love it mother. But I need to tell you something else, away from the food.”

 

“Oh. Ha-ha” Mr. Farkor laughed out “yeah. You will tell us of the book you have been reading today. Very well, I want to know all about it. Lately I found no time to read at all”  

 

‘No father. ‘Said Virgo clearing his throat ‘I want to tell you something else’

 

“Go on dear’ said Mrs. Farkor placing a warm paw over her son’s arm “is there’s anything you feel bad about”

 

“No mother but...” Virgo stopped for a second, “I want to be a magician.”

 

Utter silence fell over the dinning room. Then suddenly Mr. Farkor spewed out some grains of rice over the table and started coughing. His chair fell back. He dangled on the ground bumping into a vase of daffodils standing beside the mantle piece. 

 

“Darling …’ Mrs. Forkor dashed at her husband bringing him up to his feet. “What happened?”

 

She raised her head towards Virgo and smiled forcefully at him, her arms encircling her husband’s grayish neck. “He’s just kidding darling’ said Mrs.  Farkor “right darling?’

 

‘no mother I’m not kidding” Virgo stood over his chair, his paws sinking into the creamy cushion “I want to be a great magician and fight evil wizards. Dazzle people all around the world”

 

Virgo bounded high up and fell on his hind limbs. He raised his hand and swayed it high up, imaging a wand in it. “I’ll put a spell on anyone that comes in my way. Send bats at him...Wahoo”

 

“Stop it…” Mr. Farkor yelled, “Stop it now. How dare you mention the word spell in our holy house?”

 

“Calm down darling” Mrs. Farkor patted her husband’s hairy shoulder. Repulsively, Mr Farkor pushed her hand away and sauntered, wth fury in his eyes, towards Virgo.

 

“If I hear you mention this once again you’ll be kicked out of this house” Mr. Farkor raised a threatening finger against Virgo’s wide snout. “Magic is a sin and here in our kingdom bad things happen to those who practice it”

 

“I don’t care father” Virgo stepped backward “I’ll go out of the kingdom if so. I want to be a magician”

 

“Enough.” Mr. Farkor quaked his head and furiously smashed an ashtray standing at the mantle piece. The ashtray fell in pieces to the wooden floor. Virgo stepped backwards, tears swelling up in his eyes, and he ran to his room.

 

After slamming the door, Virgo jumped to his bed and dipped his head under the pillow. The sound of his sobs was loud. He tried to suppress them as much as possible but he failed.

 

 

 

 

© 2009 Tarekrahil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

good job ya tarek....go on writing and never stop

complete this awesome story :D:D

Posted 14 Years Ago


hey everyone, this my second juvenile fantasy novel. It's a dazzling tale about a cat called Virgo who wishes to become a magician, but obstacles will leap at him and he'll have to fight for what's right in a tale of bravery and magic.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on July 16, 2009

Author

Tarekrahil
Tarekrahil

Cairo, Egypt



About
I love writing and baroque music. I wish to be excellent at my craft and will embrace any kind of advice given to me. more..

Writing