Peaceful Reckoning

Peaceful Reckoning

A Story by Reds
"

Married to a demon, enslaved and bound by 2 wrings, with love can only tear fake love apart.

"

Peaceful Reckoning

Opening that door was the thing that I dread, whilst leaving it was a divine empathy from in the outer world, where he so badly tried to shelter me from, where he could not touch me. Coming ‘home’ was a cynical idea that scarred itself into my routine, for there I was an enclosed animal to only behold abuse from that thing. Was it the alcohol or the drugs? Or was it just me? Was I the princess not to his satisfaction, am I not as good as the hostages on his ‘business trips’? For as soon as I entered his bubble, it shattered into thousands of silent, slick shards that landed upon my veins. Bound by 2 rings and the lock on the door that only he had the key has on his keychain of hearts that only lust for the joy brought to him by making women feel smaller than his temper. My only defence from him was the knife seared into my back where wounds gashed with blood and guild whilst his palm made contact with my face, what is the point in resisting? If I was too he just grabs one of the demon bottles to crack me over the head with.

 

After cooking his meal and brewing in a pool of my own fear whilst he sips on an ice cold beer staring at me as if disgusted by the weight I had put on, for he did not know that this weight was the baby that he had forcibly put inside me. How would I tell him? Should I tell him? I fear not for what he would do to me, but for what trauma he would expose this unborn victim to… After his slave cooked meal, he grabbed me by my wrist and dragged me up the stairs, mascara dripping down my war-torn face as I plead with him to leave me at peace. He shoves the bedroom door open with excessive force and locks it with a click and a clang, bolted into a room and marriage. He sits on the bed awaiting me like an unfed dog, his heart if there was a: burning, dissolving desire to create terror that is why he picked on the vulnerable, powerless girls.

 

He beckons me forward with a single strudel like finger as if I were a puppet to the puppet master; he gave a faint, pathetic dismissal shake at which he frowned upon me and proceeded to stand up from the crippled bed as it creaked in relief. Towering over me, the monster rested his hands menacingly upon my shoulders and chuckled under his breath, “Silly girl.” He goes to undo my first shirt button and I go to grab his wrist but before I could, a fist of fury flies out of nowhere indenting itself upon my cheek; the sheer force of this pushed my limp body to the floor at which I grasp at carpet fibres in desperation yet the arcade claw still found me and clenched its arms around my waste and flung me upon the soft unforgiving mattress.

 

Adrenaline. When adrenaline gets to your head you feel untouchable. As if transported to a world with flashing colours and a harmonious voice in your head telling you to forget the discord in life, telling you to seize the moment. He had one hand pinning me to the bed and another trying to undo his jeans in utter frustration, he looks down at me, his pathetic victim then at his zipper that refused to budge as if a guardian to me. Breathe. Focus. You can do this. In a flash my right arm dashes towards the bedside table where a glass of water lay in enlightenment, using all strength I drove the glass into the side of his head causing blood to gush like a mountain spring, fresh and satisfying. Rolling on top of him I stabbed him repeatedly in the head with the glass fragment within my hand.

 

Over and over again. Stab after stab. Panting in desperation and victory I stabbed more and more, getting and inch deeper every time. Penetrating the cage to the hive of demon forged thoughts, I yelled as if I were a Valkyrie charging to a battle. I knew he was dead, he was actually dead upon the first stab I kept going, more, I wanted more. I needed more. The blood streams combined, one from his skulls and one from me, the force used to relieve the demon had slit my hand upon it causing blood to spill from my index finger to my wrist but this was numb, by this point everything was numb.

 

I lay back upon my achievement, waiting for someone to clap for me and tell me how well I had done… after five minutes of staring blankly at the ape, I sat up realising what was to entail next. Panic. Panic spread over me as if a wildfire, I rushed to the wardrobe and ripped out a set of unsoiled clothes, some sunglasses and the pretty little suitcase with the yellow ribbon on that I had taken on our honeymoon to Venice. I threw my dirty clothes in there and unlocked the bedroom door with the key in his pocket. Strolling downstairs to get cleaning products I hear his phone ring, I had totally forgotten about his business call tonight. Wait if he didn’t answer they would know something was wrong and investigate.

 

Flying into a frenzy, I threw myself back up the pummelling stairs, I tossed into the transporter: a new set of clothes alongside the dirty ones I had placed earlier, his wallet, a spare phone upon which the beast contacted his mistress on, a bottle of water and some trail mix. I tore down the immortal steps and grabbed his BMW keys and the door key from his key chain and burst open the front door, only to see the neighbour looming there about to start an abysmal conversation about his boring job. Ignoring him I left the door wide open and threw the case into the car and started it. 20. Shift. 45. Shift. 60. Shift. Speed soon became a phantom as thoughts drifted across my bleak mind.

 

Swiftly exiting onto the M5, I had my foot down harder the monster could of ever clamped me. I had no destination, just a vision of me and the child being safe in a utopian life. A utopia where the only monsters were in books and hell, where the only harm to come to us would be the occasional parental row in which we… Blue lights penetrate the tinted rear window, with sirens calling out to me to run further. I flaw it with nothing to lose but a perfect life. Life was out of focus as I accelerate more and more until the wheel slips and the car collides with the tree of un-forgivingness. Waking I arise with a beautiful bouncing baby boy in my hands as we swing on the park benches of Valhalla were I lay to rest my blood lust feud.

© 2018 Reds


Author's Note

Reds
Hello all, this is my first place, all creative criticism is welcome, please enjoy :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You create some powerful imagery, and I like the short punchy phrases that you use for emphasis.

One comment about style is that you switch a lot between present and past tense...
"He beckons me" - present tense. "I stabbed him" - past tense. Changing tense can be good to get a different point of view, but it doesn't seem consistent, so may be worth thinking about.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Added on September 16, 2018
Last Updated on September 16, 2018
Tags: Short Story, Tense, Romantic, Thriller

Author

Reds
Reds

United Kingdom



About
Beginner Writer craving some feedback :) more..

Writing
D D

A Story by Reds


From your Kay x. From your Kay x.

A Story by Reds