The telephone box

The telephone box

A Story by Red swallow
"

Is everything as it seems? What else could a harmless telephone box do?

"
The Telephone Box
In the same world in the same country of the same city on the same block of the same street on the same space stood a red telephone box. Not too big, not too small, just right. It was never used. It was the only bright thing in the city. It was like a single rainbow in the eye of a hurricane, like a single rose laid gently layed to wither in the sadness of death. But here it's the sadness of life. Somewhere more happy would have sun,flowers,colour, not here.

Except the little red telephone box......

A man walks round the usual bend, on the usual street, past the usual Telephone Box. Day in day out, the mournful man goes to his grey city work.
Everyday the same. Wake up. The same. have breakfast. The same. say godbye to the mrs. The same. Walk to work. The same. Work. The same.
Phone the mrs. The same. Walk home. The same. Eat. The same. Go to bed. The same. Repeat. The same. every day. The same. But this one day this small day something changed. He had finished work and had forgot his phone so he came to the gleaming red telephone box he knew this was the only way to get to his wife. He had a strange feeling like he shouldn't go near it. The haunting aroma Made no sense so he wondered cautiously to the door of shinning shelter. He clutched the silver door handle and twisted it uneasily deciding if he should go in or not. He stepped into the fabricated prison and closed the door lightly. The eerie atmosphere was too much for him to take so he slotted the coins in and dialled the number. Nothing. So he tried again. He slotted the coins and dialled the number. Nothing. So he reached the door and turned the knob. Nothing. The door wouldn't open. So he banged on the door but nobody saw him "bang,bang,bang," nothing. It was about 12 at night when something happened. There was a loud noise and the ground started to shake. All of a sudden a large truck pulled up in front. the driver climbed out of the truck and attached some kind of chain to the Telephone Box so the man inside thumped and banged but nothing.
The sun was beginning to rise when he woke up. He was in the box on a tow truck and moving. He banged and banged but nothing.
Left. Bang. Right. bang. Round the bend. Bang. left. bang. Left. Bang. Dead a head. Bang bang
bang. an hour later. Right. Bang. Right. Bang. First exit on the round about. Bang. 1 hour ahead. Bang. 2 hour. Bang. 3. Bang. 4. Bang. 5. Bang......they had finally stopped. The driver came out and started moving the Telephone Box onto the grass at the side of the road. He got in his truck and drove away. He was on his own.
By now his fists we're bleeding with all the force he put into opening the door. But he was exhausted and he was week. With out warning the grund began to crumble and shake as he and his exquisite cage started to be lowered down into the ground.
It has been hours and he was still going down but then it stopped in front of an elevator door. They slowly opened and revealed blackness he tried to peer in but he couldn't see a thing. One light turned on and then if on que one by one the turned on to reveal an endless room of
Telephone Boxes ................

With skeletons in them.

© 2017 Red swallow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A nice idea! That room is probably under The Wheel!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
1 Review
Added on April 25, 2017
Last Updated on April 25, 2017
Tags: #short #creepy

Author

Red swallow
Red swallow

Sheffield , United Kingdom



About
I write because I love to, I read because I want to, Books shall forever have a place in my heart more..

Writing