Hurry Up and Wait (Or, Writing and Me)

Hurry Up and Wait (Or, Writing and Me)

A Story by Veracity_Fiction
"

About writing, from a writer.

"
Sometimes it's a sheer, overwhelming rush of words onto the page. Sometimes a scene is screaming through your head and you just have to get it down as fast as possible or lose every single ounce of it.

Other times...

The words trickle from brain to hand to computer screen, the cursor moving lazily on. It is there, but there are obstructions, and you worry endlessly over what words to put down on the page. Will they be the right ones? Did you spell that one term correctly? You've looked at it a lot as you type on but it just doesn't seem right, so maybe it's better to check again.

Does that word mean what you think it means?

Do mouths even do that thing? It's such a hyper specific little motion that you don't even think so, but it makes more sense to keep it in than to take it out again.

Delete, delete, delete.

Then, after a brief trip to the kitchen for some water, you start again.

This time you'll get there.

Maybe.

Hopefully.

© 2021 Veracity_Fiction


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

And so it goes with some doubts, but it must go, nonetheless. If only all creative endeavors would come off like water down a roof.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 6, 2021
Last Updated on January 6, 2021
Tags: writing, about writing, short story, venting

Author

Veracity_Fiction
Veracity_Fiction

Nowhere in particular.



About
Stories, poems, fanfiction - writing and reading are my biggest passions. My content will often touch on dark subject matter, so read with care and heed the warnings. He/him or they/them pronouns, .. more..

Writing