I Never Saw It Coming

I Never Saw It Coming

A Poem by Reika
"

The light feels wonderful

"

Sneaking glances past those people, and behind my mask I feel quite vulnerable. To what? To all those eyes, all those faces, all those thoughts shot toward me. They embrace my shell, but go no further. Those are the ones who don't care, but for care, and I'm there but they're not here. Here where the dust lies, where I am, where I've always been. Sitting on this shelf, ready to be pulled out whenever one wishes to be amused.

 

My button is loose,

My arm is torn,

But do I still amuse you?

It doesn't matter, as long as they have their fun, I'm content.

Or Am I?

 

What is this? A spark of light, a flicker of flame? Someone has taken the match and lit the candle burning within my caves. Keeping me warm though this winter is cold. Someone, breaking through this massive shell I have spent building around me for so long now. Blinded by this light, I slowly creak my way towards the hole in the wall. I make my way through it, and find myself in a garden. Though, I am alone. Where has this someone gone? I am at a fork in the road, with nowhere to go but with the world to find.

 

What a glorious scent that is, and this is where I need to go. To pick up my bags and start walking.

 

Walking in the warmth, I feel my body begin to change, from stone to comfort. I feel my mind come to a state of peace and I begin to feel, for once in my life, like myself again. Hold my hand, will you? Tell me this change will be alright. That everything will be alright. Because all there is to my right is you and to my left is darkness. The darkness I had left when you broke through my shell and took me by the hand. The colour has returned to me now, and I am finally able to open my eyes wide and see the fields of green you once spoke of and I thought I'd never see.

 

For once in my life I feel as if things could possibly go the way I want, after a life of darkness, the shell has been broken, the light has found it's way through, and it is wonderful.

© 2008 Reika


Author's Note

Reika
Does this even count as a poem? Oh well. Journal entry. It has a few meanings behind it about how I feel and whatnot. Just kept on writing without stopping.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
Added on October 23, 2008
Last Updated on October 23, 2008

Author

Reika
Reika

Kanagawa, Japan



About
My heart sings a gentle song and whispers softly in your ear and your ear alone I'm not the best writer in the world. Hell, I'm not even close to decent. But I love writing, none the less. W.. more..

Writing
Foreign Soil Foreign Soil

A Poem by Reika


Zassou Zassou

A Poem by Reika