Note to Life

Note to Life

A Poem by Radad Ibn Nasir
"

When small calamities occur.

"
Dear Life,
The strife, is near overwhelming
I fear, the inevitable is impending
Every second, of every moment
Sends me off broken and defending.

P.S. I’m only as strong as I guess
But if I knew, then I wouldn’t stress
And also, there are way too many tests
Be gentle, for I am too young to rest.

© 2010 Radad Ibn Nasir


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Every second of every moment/ Sends me off, broken and defending"
An interesting point of view. Eventually you will discover that it is not Life which breaks you, as much as it is your reactions to individual events. One you come to accept each day, and each moment within each day as a part of the grand plan, there will, I promise, be MUCH less Stress!


Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

you are young and there are miles to go

I like your style

Posted 13 Years Ago


I know this feeling...the build up of day-to-day stress turns into a tidal wave and you feel powerless and fragile... I hope one day I will learn to take it in my stride.
interesting poem...good idea.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a topic and mood I think every person who someday detaches from family will be able to relate to. Wonderfully short and truthful, this is a really good piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A take on poetry about life that I have not seen before...and I like it! I love the letter form, and how you extended the length with the 'P.S.'

Your thyming scheme was great, and the poem itself I love.
"Be gentle, for I am too young to rest." Beautiful, delicate line.

-Pokie

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really love this. Very relatable. Good work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Every second of every moment/ Sends me off, broken and defending"
An interesting point of view. Eventually you will discover that it is not Life which breaks you, as much as it is your reactions to individual events. One you come to accept each day, and each moment within each day as a part of the grand plan, there will, I promise, be MUCH less Stress!


Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Yes...........no rest..........even though some days we would gladly lie down and ask to be somewhere else........great rhyming, and life is one test after another, it is why we acquire wisdom.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2010
Last Updated on October 18, 2010

Author

Radad Ibn Nasir
Radad Ibn Nasir

Youngstown, OH



About
A voice without a canvas is just an echo heard throughout time. Sometimes children ask me to play, so I play. The elderly beckon with wisdom and I syphon. I think I was born an expression... I hav.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..