The Bold one

The Bold one

A Story by Zeitgeist Manifesto
"

BFF's

"

She sips her iced coffee through a green straw as she stares down at the table.
She can't look up. She wont look up. How can she look into "her" eyes? This young lady is too nervous to do so. She knows that "She" is NOT going to let this go.

"Hold up"..the bold one says. "You like Kyle?" The Shy one wished she had said
nothing. She knew "she" wouldn't let this go. "She" never lets anything go.

"Why don't you just tell him?" the bold one says. "Well...He has a girlfriend..you know. It just wouldn't be right" says the Shy one. The bold one sweeps her auburn hair away from her face. "Hold up" she commands, as the crease sets in her brow. "Isn't he dating Brandy?" She asks. The Shy one rests her face in her palm and sighs "yeah...her.."

The bold one gets a look of total confusion on her face. "Brandy? ugh! You've GOT to be kidding me. That girl is SO lame" she spats. "Gahd! You are WAY hotter than her!...Ugh! She's got to go." The Shy one's blue eyes light up as she begs "please..dont start anything. I dont want any trouble over a boy". The bold one says "Trust me..Brandy is not going to do ANYTHING. She knows better."

The bold one takes a sip of her original specialty coffee that has the whole line cursing her under their breath as it takes two minutes to prepare. She opens her phone and starts dialing. "Who are you calling" the Shy one asks. "I'm calling Kyle's best friend. He's going to give us his number" the bold one says. "Oh god" the shy one says as she palms her face.

"It's me...Teri" the bold one says.

Teri speaks into the phone and says "how are you doing? ..cool..Look. We need to talk". The Shy one stares as the Teri Speaks and tries to piece together the conversation.

Teri:  Check it out. You need to tell your boy to dump his girlfriend. (5 secs later) What do you think of Danielle?  She's hot right? (10 secs later) His girlfriend is corny. Seriously, you would be doing him a big favor. What's his number? (15 secs later) What do you mean he would get mad?(10 secs later) Well..you know..I just wanted to call him so we could set up a double date. I mean...I thought you liked me.

Teri interrupts him as she says "No..stop. You dont have to explain. I understand when a guy doesn't want to make out with me. Its okay. We can still be friends. It's not going to be awkward. I'm not going to bother you anymore. It's cool. I'll see you around." Teri closes  the phone with a male's voice barely audible as she ends the call.

"What was on his mind, just turning you down like that" Danielle asks. "I'll tell you what's on his mind" Teri says.."He's on the phone telling his boy to dump his girlfriend right now as we speak." Teri grins with the look of a devil on her face as she says "Five minutes, He'll be back..just watch." Danielle stares at her friend with a look of skepticism, but trusts her. She waits patiently with faith in her friend's judgment.

Seven  minutes later, Teri's phone starts to sing "Pahhtee time!! PAAAHTTEE TIMEEE!!!"

She opens the phone and holds it to her ear as she smiles. "Ok" She says. "I wont tell him it was you. I swear." She closes the phone and says "Kyle TOLD him to give us his number. He is SO dumping his girlfriend." They both laugh. Teri dials the phone and shoves it into Danielle's hand. Danielle tries to give it back as she hears Kyle say "Hello"

Ten Minutes later, Danielle closes the phone. She glows like the first star of the night. "I cant believe I'm going out with Kyle!" She says. "Thankyouthankyou! Teri. How did you know everything?

Teri says, "Danielle..you're gonna learn. Guys are dumb. You can get them to do anything you want. Pshh. Just look at Kyle's friend..he thinks I'm going to make out with him."

They both laugh hysterically

© 2011 Zeitgeist Manifesto


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

~ yikes... this was hardcore manipulation and you did a brilliant job of depicting it... ~ it makes me very sad to think that this constantly happens in the world around us...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Zeitgeist Manifesto

7 Years Ago

Some people are truly hardcore...and cold.
. serah .

7 Years Ago

~ yeah... they cannot melt...
I love this! Even if you didn't make it up, you told it very well. It takes a writer to find a story out of something like this too. Normal people might eavesdrop; writers eavesdrop with a purpose! lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


Love it! Now that's a real women, confident in who she really is. Great story! Love the language and they mystery too. Perfectly told.

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol .. all truths aside lota Teenage girls can be very harsh and Great a b*****s and the other Half are not depends all in how we are raised i Gossiped alot as a teen and i didnt speard the gossip not like that but i had stopped doing that also cause i did'nt like that side of myself as i am a very sweet beautiful hearted soul Cause i was sentive to others feelings but was careful of ones that tried to use me and ones tried doing that alot was sad but lucky i had ones in my life that taught me to watch out for that but if some one tried getting up in my face when i did nothing to em and start some thing with me yes i can be a B***h cause i very strong willed and i have a attitude many don't think i get angery cause i am so calm but not an lot upsets me i ignore the Jearks of the world and go on with my life cause i will stand up for myself what i believe in i stand up for my family and friends as long as they are doing what is right won't stand up for some one if what they are doing is wrong, but this convo thats sad i won't laugh at this so many can get hurt from so much and it's that imperession you make on others if you act like a jeark they are not gonna want any thingto do with you i always teach my son lota these things he's always asking things and what these teenage girls are doing that would'nt be my daughter and how Some of them dress not all of do but so many are miss lead it's sad i do pray for the young generation of the world. this was interesting thanks for sharing



Posted 13 Years Ago


ueoitghukgdjfnmasd. It's times like this when I wish I was a Ghostbuster, and I could just vacuum their souls away. Just for a day though. A day without a cellphone. It'd be awesome for me, while still performing a nice, valuable life-lesson for them. I could make a reality TV show out it and everything, and donate all the proceeds to charities. Make people like this getting famous somewhat beneficial.
I think I ramble too much x__x

Posted 13 Years Ago


I remember being pretty manipulative in high school, (okay, maybe I still am) but I was never that harsh. My gads. I have seen worse though. If that makes you feel any better. Just be glad you're not Kyle. Or his best friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It makes my blood boil. The "Terri" girl's take on life really annoys me.
So, it must be written well to have such a reaction, no?

The only thing that bugged me was how your dialogue was set up; from what I learned, you do it like so:

A: xyz
B: zyx
and so forth, instead of:
A: xyz B: zyx

It's always annoyed me. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol - this was sadly funny - this is our future generation ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Haha. I'm not surprised. Girls can be like that. "Teri" annoys me already! Well written though.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 7, 2010
Last Updated on May 28, 2011

Author

Zeitgeist Manifesto
Zeitgeist Manifesto

About
Writing....Thinking.... Most of my pieces are imagined as monologues. I've been a fan ever since I first saw my first live show as a kid. I consider myself pretty abstract. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The First Time The First Time

A Chapter by ashley