Factors Determining The Cost Of Opening A Restaurant

Factors Determining The Cost Of Opening A Restaurant

A Story by Restaurant Rookie
"

Anyone looking to open a restaurant must set out the budgeting schedule in order to buy the items that are actually needed. It’s helpful to purchase used accessories and items if you are too concerned

"

How much are restaurant startup costs?


When compared to other kinds of businesses, the opening cost of a restaurant is pretty considerable. But, you cannot start a restaurant below $100,000 as you need to bear a lot of start up costs and expenses. Careful budgeting is needed to make the most out of the startup fund. Besides the start up cost, you need to have capital for six months or about a year down the track. Without proper funding and resources, your restaurant is sure to fail. In fact, the revenue growth of most businesses is slower than what is expected prior to opening the restaurant. This is why more capital is needed to bear the expenses.


Anyone looking to open a restaurant must set out the budgeting schedule in order to buy the items that are actually needed. It’s helpful to purchase used accessories and items if you are too concerned about how much are restaurant startup costs. Finding a good building for your restaurant and ensuring that it meets the needs as far as location, zoning, space, and kitchen setup is not a step to take lightly. The cost of setting up can again vary as per the location and whether you are willing to rent a property, buy a property or building the restaurant from the scratch.


How to determine the cost of starting a restaurant?


The ones who have no idea about the cost of starting a restaurant can use a financial projection automated tool to find out the capital needed at every stage of startup. The software, designed only for restaurant purpose, will give answers to all your questions relating to the cost.


Cost considerations to be made


When starting a new restaurant, the following cost considerations have to be made:


        

  • Lease: If you’re leasing a property, be sure to take into consideration the monthly payment to be made, the advance deposit which is required. This can be between a few hundred dollars or cost equivalent to the rent for 6-12 months.


  •    
  • Renovation cost: When you acquire a property for restaurant business, you may need to change interiors, add the lighting fixtures, carry out painting and rewiring, undertake re-plumbing and shelving.

  •     
  • Beginning inventory: Food, beverage and liquor costs need to be established. It is good to establish rates and payment options as soon as possible with vendors to assure you’ll have your shipments on time and with the correct products.

  •     
  • Restaurant equipment: You may either buy the restaurant equipments or rent them. Some office items to include are a computer, fax machine, call system, automated tools, furniture items, etc.

  •     
  • Permits and licenses: Be sure to keep aside some money to cover the costs relating to health permit, license and taxes to be paid.


Make your restaurant business successful


If you can serve delicious food items at all seasons whether it is summer, spring, fall or winter, your business will be successful. While menus don’t necessarily need to change per season, it may not be a bad idea to start experimenting with a few items and measure their appeal and customer feedback.


When it comes to winter menu ideas, including warm drinks and beverages can help to add a seasonal flare to your menu appeal. Coffee cocktails, apple cider and hot cocoa can keep the guests happy and warm.

© 2017 Restaurant Rookie


Author's Note

Restaurant Rookie

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on May 30, 2017
Last Updated on May 30, 2017
Tags: Summer, Spring, Fall, and Winter Menu Ideas, How Much are Restaurant Startup

Author

Restaurant Rookie
Restaurant Rookie

Chicago, IL



About
The initial step with opening any restaurant should be the development of a solid business plan. Most financing companies and other lending institutions will require you to submit a business plan when.. more..

Writing