Tips for Formatting Your Resume for Online Applications in 2023

Tips for Formatting Your Resume for Online Applications in 2023

A Story by Resumer Pro
"

With the rise of online job applications, it is important to format your resume in a way that is both visually appealing and compatible with applicant tracking systems (ATS).

"

As an AI language model, I do not have access to external websites such as Resumer Pro. However, I can provide you with some tips for formatting your resume for online applications in 2023.

With the rise of online job applications, it is important to format your resume in a way that is both visually appealing and compatible with applicant tracking systems (ATS). Here are some tips to help you format your resume for online applications:

  1. Use a Standard Format: Use a standard resume format, such as reverse chronological or functional, to ensure that your resume is compatible with ATS. Avoid using non-standard formats, such as infographic resumes, as they may not be readable by ATS.

  2. Use Simple Fonts: Use simple, easy-to-read fonts such as Arial or Times New Roman. Avoid using decorative fonts or scripts that may not be compatible with ATS.

  3. Keep it Simple: Use a simple, clean design with plenty of white space to make your resume easy to read. Avoid using graphics or images that may not be compatible with ATS.

  4. Optimize for Keywords: Use keywords from the job description throughout your resume to optimize it for ATS. This can increase the chances of your resume being selected for further review by a hiring manager.

  5. Use Bullet Points: Use bullet points to highlight your accomplishments and responsibilities in each role. This makes it easy for employers to scan your resume and quickly identify your strengths.

  6. Save as a PDF: Save your resume as a PDF to ensure that it maintains its formatting when uploaded to an online application system. Avoid using special characters or symbols that may not display correctly in a PDF format.

  7. Tailor Your Resume: Customize your resume for each job you apply to, highlighting the skills and experience most relevant to the position. This can increase the chances of your resume being selected for further review by a hiring manager.

By following these tips, you can create a visually appealing and ATS-compatible resume that increases your chances of being selected for an interview. However, it is important to remember that online application systems vary, so it is always a good idea to review the specific requirements of each system and tailor your resume accordingly.

© 2023 Resumer Pro


Author's Note

Resumer Pro
Resumer Pro is the best free resume builder website.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Author

Resumer Pro
Resumer Pro

Noida, Noida, India



About
Resumer Pro is World's Best Free Resume Builder Website in 2023, with multiple different professional, creative, trending Templates. more..

Writing