Reticent Throe

Reticent Throe

A Story by Eric Orosco
"

...and he left himself open to the world...

"

         "You don't even know," he whispered; his words crashing like waves along the shorelines of deceit.  Without a second thought he jumped, the words still lingering in the air. Around him the world watched with eager eyes, though they hid the anticipation with faux faces. But what sort of twist lies further down this path of self-destruction? Or could he be mere minutes from a head on collision with fate.

            His eyes remained closed, his face calm with a ghastly pallor. There is no time for thinking, for thoughts would lead straight to regrets and there was nothing he could do to change the past. With a single rapturous voice he left everything he knew behind, no longer would his world be wrapped within a bubble of safety.

            They watched and read; his pages breaking away like leaves from a tree. No longer was he a closed book, there was nothing left to hide. Everything was written on those pages.

            "Crash into our arms," they shouted; eye's churning with clandestine desires.  

            This was it; he could feel the presence of an end to his fall. Whether it be the end or beginning had yet to be seen. The voices around him began to rise up in desperation, no longer holding back their true aspirations. Venomous words rolled off their tongues, lashing out like fierce cobras, yet, he did not move.

            Crimson vibrations radiated around him, trying desperately to falter him in his descent. He could sense that the bottom was close, that soon this fall would be over and the consequences of his actions would be clear.

            For a moment he opened his eyes and

                            saw

                                                               all

                                          that

            he

                                                                    had

                                    left

            behind

            .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


           .

            Then

          


there was

          



nothing

 









 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 













        


  But a blank page.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Eric Orosco


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is an excellent story! At first, I thought this was a story of suicide, but I read it again (then one more time). I realized this is not about suicide at all but a piece about expressing yourself. At least that is my interpretation, but I could be wrong. There is an error in the sentence "Venomous words rolled of their tongues". I think you meant to say "rolled OFF their tongues." This was impressive, and I hope you will post more writing in the future. Best wishes.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is an excellent story! At first, I thought this was a story of suicide, but I read it again (then one more time). I realized this is not about suicide at all but a piece about expressing yourself. At least that is my interpretation, but I could be wrong. There is an error in the sentence "Venomous words rolled of their tongues". I think you meant to say "rolled OFF their tongues." This was impressive, and I hope you will post more writing in the future. Best wishes.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW THAT WAS SO COOL

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2008
Last Updated on July 31, 2008

Author

Eric Orosco
Eric Orosco

Sacramento, CA