A Loser's Gain...peace

A Loser's Gain...peace

A Story by Reveal
"

She failed to gain his love, but as she considered her loss, surprisingly, she beheld her gain; who knew that losing him would give her the peace she needed.

"

In her spirit, she had conceded that he had won as he kept his heart from being overtaken by her attempts, and she accepted her loss of a challenge for love. 


Wounded yes, but now she can exhale in peace knowing that she had given the prospect of love every effort. Therefore, her heart has no regrets, not even one. She left regrets for those who feared the roll of the dice and for those who were afraid to put their hearts on the line. 


As for her, the opportunity for love deserved the fullness of every attempt as she considered it her last opportunity. After all, she felt to lose without effort was no more than a forfeit or disqualification which would require a do-over. And in life, lack of effort is the sort of meaningless motion that just won't do. 


"Let peace reign in my spirit, she thought; let peace reign."

© 2017 Reveal


Author's Note

Reveal
Life serves us things we need; life is wonderful!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
Added on September 20, 2015
Last Updated on November 6, 2017

Author

Reveal
Reveal

TX



About
This is my little room where I can deck the wall with words...words that remember my thoughtful emotions from moment to moment...words that when I reappear they would run greet me and remind me of the.. more..

Writing
Never Again Never Again

A Story by Reveal


Her Own Truths Her Own Truths

A Story by Reveal