Masquerade

Masquerade

A Story by Rhea Sethi
"

Just a li'l something i wrote to help myself dissolve and dissipate an important lesson

"
Life isn't just about striving to get what you want. There's a lot out there that you will never be able to get your hands on. A lot that won't ever be a part of our lives or that we will never be a part of, and this we ought to know. Not even the dead are content. We're all consumed by some miserable moments of disrepair. It's like an ocean of sorrows that we're swimming in, trying to chase the rising sun at the horizon. Everybody's so devoured and hypnotized by the urge to get to the end that they forget to relish the beauty of the water. Yes, it does make it hard to breathe, it may be wild at times. But look deeper, there's so much for you to delight in. A world within yours, holds everything you look for in the rest of the universe. You need to befriend your pains, learn to live with the agony and penetrate to the underlying peace. The sun is just a solace to keep you from drowning. Life is a masquerade where we're all trying to mask the reality, hiding it not from others, but from ourselves. It's about time we realized how beautiful every face is, each with its unique set of scars, blemishes and flaws, and let go of these masks. So you and I need to demolish this tradition of 'chasing', and at our own pace and in our own way, set up one of 'seeking'.

© 2016 Rhea Sethi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on June 9, 2016
Last Updated on June 9, 2016

Author

Rhea Sethi
Rhea Sethi

New Delhi, Delhi, India



About
Words, not sounds more..