Gone

Gone

A Story by Aehr

I felt weightless. 
I couldn't move, I couldn't think, and I could barely open my eyes. I tried to raise my hand but I couldn't. I felt a warm drop of water fall on my cheek. I tried to look up and gleaming in the sun was the face of the one who was holding me. It was him. He was crying. For Me. I managed a frail, weak smile. Tears began to stream down my cheeks. He held me tighter, he just didn't let go. The ground was cold and the sun was setting. I was fully disoriented. I tried to recall what had happened. 
All I could remember was crossing the street and a sudden car crash. I guess the car was his, the boy whom I liked, almost loved, seven years ago. I felt blood on my head and left arm was burning. It was my fault, just the sight of him froze my steps and the car crash happened. 
I started regretting the things I had done seven years ago. Why didn't I just tell him that I liked him? Why was I afraid? Those intense brown eyes behind his spectacles were just as beautiful as they were seven years ago. I was crying, even though I was happy to be dying like this, in his arms.
I wanted to ask him a million questions : Where had he been? Was he working? Why did he never answer my messages on facebook? But I couldn't speak, no matter how hard I tried. 
The wind blew harder, we were alone. My eyes were burning, I wanted to talk to him, but it was destined to be this moment when I  couldn't speak. 
I tried to look away from him, I couldn't see him cry like that. But he put his hand on my cheek and brought my face back to where it was earlier. My heart was shattered. All these years, I could speak nonsense, non-stop. But the time when I really need to talk to someone that special, my voice had failed.
 
  Was that fair? I asked myself
Suddenly, my body went cold and numb, I was going to go any second. My heartbeat began to slow down. The wind made my open air fly aimlessly, some of it falling on my face, just before my eyes. It was no use brushing them behind my ears.  My arm lifted up and touched his warm, wet cheek.
Suddenly my vision began to blur, I saw a light and then everything went black. 
I was content. At least I had felt true love before death came to me. 

© 2012 Aehr


Author's Note

Aehr
I change the story and divided into paragraphs. I edited it and expanded the details...
Please review!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it was nicely written as a unique romantic story at the beginning but i didnt like how it ended..maybe you wanted to prove your love to him that you happily died between his arms but i look further than that..you are more lucky than him if you die this way, what about him afterwards? it is much better for him if he died too..how can he live after that? can he ever forget the guilty feelings? i think all you thought about while writing this is to make it as sad as possible!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I would expand on the details. I too was unsure if she had died, or he died. This has a very good beginning that just needs more intensity to clarify characterization and plot.This could easily be expanded to a wonderful short story..keep writing, you have aroused my curiosity.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You have a few comma splices. As far as stories go, this is very neat and sweet. Is the MC dead? Just inquiring because it's a very interesting little thing. I don't know it it can be called a story yet, because we don't have much of a relationship happening. Stories are all about relationship. Well, try expanding on the things I want to know. You don't have much detail or imagery and description, so I'm left with a lot of questions. Why is the MC weightless? She's dead right? And why did she have a crush on the boy? Is he cute? What do both of them look like? What does it feel like, other than the word "weightless"? Is she in heaven? Why is he crying? Does he love her? As you can see, i have a LOT of questions. LOL. You're quite a talent though. Don't give up!

Posted 11 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

818 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 24, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2012

Author

Aehr
Aehr

Aspiring for fearlessness



About
Trying to keep my words alive. Find me on Instagram: aehr_x more..

Writing
Broken Walls Broken Walls

A Poem by Aehr


Silver. Silver.

A Poem by Aehr


Swansong Swansong

A Poem by Aehr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ugly Ugly

A Poem by Aehr


Oh Rain Oh Rain

A Poem by Aehr


Poet Poet

A Poem by Revery