Reflecting

Reflecting

A Poem by RickthePoetWarrior
"

From upcoming book Obvious-ly

"

Look

If you're an Author

You've just got to hate the web

Why?

Legacy!

See

Today

When a reader don't like you

CTL-ALT-DEL

(Said control-alt-delete)

(Because that's how you're taught)

((Ed.s Note: Use trained or educated from now on please))


<<<_alternative_>>>

Explanation for the Modern Reader


C it's like this. Us old readers remember when, well, if we got a book we didn't like, we would return it, like to the library or bookstore, or put it on a shelf to be forgotten and then told by the wife/mother/partner to get rid of 'all that old crap' and it would sit in closet/garage forgotten. So it took some effort to get rid of things we didn't like. And a lot of people are lazy (Don't feel bad, Science says it's our genes) so it would hang around until liebenstraum was needed once again and disposed of via a garage/store/library sale where's it's bought by someone to be read later. Unfortunately the couch leg broke so it sat under there for five years before they were evicted for non-payment and they put it in storage which they couldn't keep up the payments on so it got sold in a lot at auction to a used goods dealer who placed it in the 2 for $1 bin where it sat until he retired whereupon his family sold it with the estate and that dealer took what he wanted, gave the rest to the local thrift store who noticed that the cover was torn and threw it in the garbage bin where it was collected and now sits rotting in a a municipal dump.


That, my Modern Reader friends, is Legacy.

© 2022 RickthePoetWarrior


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on January 19, 2022
Last Updated on January 19, 2022