He saw The Who

He saw The Who

A Story by Richard White

Gregory Harrison was learning how to write essays. He knew how to order more reasonable food online.
'Steve Snooker,' said Graham Wilkins. 'Face of cathedral.'
It was Graham's gaff near Exeter cathedral. Gregory was asking for the thing he loaned to Graham. They were in a pub band together two years back. Michael Jordan. Graham the basketball fan.
'When's the Sheffield stuff on?,' said Graham.
'Usually about April,' said Gregory. 'May Day Bank Holiday,' I think.'
They were both twenty-nine. They were both Aquarians. Gregory wanted Sagittarius.
'I have to write about Napoleon. Orders. I cannot escape orders. I am just a mortal man here in Devon.'
That he was. A mere mortal. He was tall. Not very handsome. He was wearing scarlet trousers. He knew the contest in Malmo was about 100 days away. He wanted to put a bet on. A bet on the singer representing The United Kingdom. Gregory used Bet365 to find the odds. His mobile's back was Coventry blue. He discovered that the United Kingdom singer was second favourite. Ukraine favourite. Occupied Ukraine.
'About the thing I loaned you, Graham. The photograph. I know you wanted it by your PC as you typed. I want it back. It means so much.'
Graham was wearing a crisp Italian shirt. He was bored. He wanted the other chap to leave. Just leave the house. He could call the police. He didn't want to. He thought they were about their own kind. Wasn't that how they were in The Bill? He just didn't want to intrude.
'Can't I keep it? It really is such an invigorating photograph. I might need to ask you to leave.'
'I'll leave when I have the photograph in my hands,' said Gregory.
This angered Graham a little bit. He thought Gregory was a competent drummer. Should've been a guitarist with that surname. Harrison.
'I think I should... I offer you a tenner, Graham. Go fetch the photograph.
No good. Gregory told Graham about seeing The Who in London. It worked. Graham mellowed. Graham fetched the photograph.
'Thanks.'
Of a cute soft pink rabbit with round green eyes holding a red umbrella.



© 2024 Richard White


Author's Note

Richard White
Is Graham trustworthy?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on January 23, 2024
Last Updated on January 24, 2024

Author

Richard White
Richard White

Writing
2112 2112

A Story by Richard White