3:06

3:06

A Story by D. Gosa
"

Penny had a bad dream.

"
3:06
Penny bolted awake in a cold sweat in her dormroom.  Her roommates didn't seem to notice her sudden jolting as they were soundlessly asleep.  It was the same horrifying dream almost every night for Penny; she would wake up  around 3:00 am, turn on the lights, and find all four of her friends, one being her sister Tiffany, dead with their throats cut and their eyes missing from their sockets.  Penny shuddered just thinking about it.

To reassure herself, she slipped limberly out of bed and suspiciously walked towards  the lightswitch located against the wall.  She could hear snoring coming from where Tiffany slept.  Penny sighed in relief; her nightmare was over.  Not bothering with the light anymore, she threw herself back into her bed, closing her eyes once more.  

She was on the brink of dreams when she heard a slight scuffle from her room.  Sitting up, she called out into the darkness,  "Tiffany?  Morgan is that you guys?"

Hearing nothing, she got up and hurredly flicked on the lightswitch.  With her eyes adjusted to the flourescence, she saw that none of her friends were in bed; that they may be at some college party or something dawned on Penny, because in her blind fear she realized she went to sleep alone in the room.

Chuckling to herself, she turned the switch off, and proceeded to gain some sleep.  But as she drifted off a second time, it occured to her that she may have imagined the scuffling noise, but she had been wide awake when she had heard the snoring emanating from the room.

The moment she sat up was the moment the man lying beside her took a rusted knife to her throat and left her body for her roommates to find.

© 2013 D. Gosa


Author's Note

D. Gosa
first time at this, please let me know what I need work on

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on February 19, 2013
Last Updated on February 22, 2013
Tags: Gosa, short horror

Author

D. Gosa
D. Gosa

little rock, AR



About
I'm an aspiring horror writer who is trying to get better (a LOT better) in my craft so all suggestions and criticism are very welcome. I write likeH. P. LovecraftI Write Like by Mémoir.. more..

Writing
Blue Box Blue Box

A Poem by D. Gosa