Fear and judgement

Fear and judgement

A Story by Pearl Thomas
"

We judge people in order to not be judged in return. We fear judgement, yet place that upon others hearts. Learn to love what you don't understand. Learn to fear and still go forward.

"
When I think about fear, I imagine sitting on my bed as a child, with my feet dangling over the edge and panicking that a cold hand was ever so quietly going to pull me under. But isn't that what we're all afraid of, being pulled under. Being pulled down into a world, a person, that we never imagined we'd live in or be. We judge others in fear of being judged ourselves. We persecute people for being exactly who they want to be or who we don't understand. And, we pull others down because it's seen as easier than being pulled down ourselves. Fear is a dread within our bones that paralyses our souls from being exactly who we are. It stops us from doing things that our heart is urging us to do. Judgement is what happens next. We judge the people who are who they want to be and do what they want to do. We judge them because they've stood up to fear where we faltered. They allowed the fear into their souls and did it anyway. And, we didn't. I say we, because I've allowed fear into my heart. I allowed it to swallow me whole and do with me what it pleased. I gave fear the power and lived within it's parameters. We have all been trapped by fear and shouldn't be ashamed of admitting that. But where we once were is not where we need to be forever. Escaping the tradition of admitting defeat is something that can be done because I've done it. Because millions of people have done it. It's as straightforward and as complicated as waking up and saying, I deserve to be me. I deserve to be a person who stands up to fear and wins. I have a right as a human being to be loved and respected, to be happy and excited and filled with an array of emotions. And, I am a human being who loves and respects, spreads happiness and excitement and fills people with and array of emotions because they deserve it. We've all been judged for who we love, what we look like, how we dress or for simply being different. We're all different. We're all uniquely beautiful. Don't judge someone for being exactly who they are. Put that energy into being who you were meant to be. Who you are beneath that cloud of fear. Beneath the fog of self doubt and insecurities. Love yourself to learn how to love another being. Respect yourself in order to respect others.

© 2015 Pearl Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on June 20, 2015
Last Updated on June 20, 2015
Tags: Love, fear, judgement, hope, happiness, hopefulness

Author

Pearl Thomas
Pearl Thomas

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom



About
23 year old who wants to travel the world to spread happiness and positivity. I hope I help you gain some insight and happiness. more..