The Eyes Of Your Friend

The Eyes Of Your Friend

A Poem by Alias Fletcher
"

just thinking about friendship; I am meeting my old walking friend tomorrow. I am almost too fat to walk, but we'll walk anyway. She always listens and lets me grow and be me.

"

The Eyes Of Your Friend

 

The eyes

Of your friend

Lay soft upon you...

In your joy and pain

In your mondane

 

The eyes

Of your friend

Seek not...

To change you

To judge you

 

The eyes

Of your friend

Only wish...

To know you

To love you

 

When such eyes are laid upon you

You can grow and floursih,

Becoming the person

You wish.

 

© 2009 Alias Fletcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A friend a true friend can be a gift from GOD. If that is what you have in your walking buddy then you are indeed blessed. You have blessed that union with this wonderful poem. I hope you shared with her as you did with us. Fantastic job poet!

Posted 14 Years Ago


wowww good job you really captured the essence of friendship! i was lucky enough to find my best friend and we've actually known each other for most of our lives greatt write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this. The way you set up the stanzas and the flow of words are really great. Friendship is wonderfull. It makes you become so much more than without it. Everyone needs a good friend.
great write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Friendship is so hard to come by nowadays. So if you find one, it is wise not to let them go. Ever. I wish I had a friend to walk with. I got a little fat over the winter months myself, so don't feel bad. It is a lovely poem, I am thankful we are friends. I have had only had one true friend in my life time, unfortunately she passed away at the Christmas dinner table this past year. She had asthma all her life and had an attack at the dinner table and died there. Can you believe that? Her whole family set there and watched her die. I still find that so hard to believe, but I have to because she is gone and I miss her so much and this brought tears to my eyes. Keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 16, 2009

Author

Alias Fletcher
Alias Fletcher

Midland, MI



About
Taking a class at SVSU (MI)... genetics... online. DNA fascinates me. Just like a big puzzle and I can't wait to put it together! I want to re-invent myself. Add extra stuff... lol I wish... I wish.. more..

Writing