Ode to a Soldier

Ode to a Soldier

A Poem by Alias Fletcher
"

thoughts about soldiers

"

 Ode to a Soldier The stars come out, pin points of blue promises Your family calls softly... Where are you... Come home... The truth is lost in the quiet curl of smoke That rises in the my late night campfire. For you are long gone, your bones resting Quietly in the voiced memories of your existance. The question that is never is asked- But Why? Why are you dead at twenty three? For what reason? It is true that your are a hero... fought bravely Gave your life for the country and freedom... a good soldier So.. the people who loved you and miss you Hope that you're home now... While for me, the truth is lost in the smoke That tears the face of the night sky.

© 2009 Alias Fletcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A powerful and sad poem. War leave many broken hearts. Your poem is a sad and a kind tribute to a Soldier. Last lines are true. We won't understand the loss.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 6, 2009

Author

Alias Fletcher
Alias Fletcher

Midland, MI



About
Taking a class at SVSU (MI)... genetics... online. DNA fascinates me. Just like a big puzzle and I can't wait to put it together! I want to re-invent myself. Add extra stuff... lol I wish... I wish.. more..

Writing