Helping Others

Helping Others

A Poem by Ripple of Aqua
"

What other people, or groups of people say, there is only what you stand for that counts in the end.

"

My whole country says that you should help people as much as you can.

My whole community says that each person keeps to themselves alone.

My parents say to reach out for your own purpose and gain what you can.

I say you need to help yourself up before you have the power to help or support anyone else.

© 2013 Ripple of Aqua


Author's Note

Ripple of Aqua
Just one of those things that come up in my mind feeling the cold of outside.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

How can one be expected to help another if one cannot stand on their own two feet. I help all that I can, mostly physically, as I'm always broke, but for me it isn't about the reward of helping another, it isn't about getting or expecting anything in return. It is simply about the right thing to do because that is the way we should all be. But I must say that as real and conflicting as this is, I think it better, when ones needs not fix self, to put others before self. That's not to say let people walk all over you and treat you like a door mat though.

I really like this piece, it is to the point, as I have tried and failed to do here.


Posted 9 Years Ago


The poem embraces so many conflicting perspectives until it comes to the last line. There "I" seems to reconcile all of these seemingly conflicting perspectives.

Thanks for sharing this.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 21, 2013
Last Updated on February 21, 2013
Tags: help, community, country, self, support, power

Author

Ripple of Aqua
Ripple of Aqua

No Where In Praticular..., MO



About
I like to write, a lot, and I normally have been writing books more than poetry, but I believe my stories are just far too precious to put up. I love all form of arts-fine arts, creative writing, mu.. more..

Writing