Raining Fire

Raining Fire

A Story by Riska

            The music was so loud and everybody was having a good time.  I jumped in the bed of the truck with Jimmy and stole his beer right out of his hand.  He laughed and we all started to sing along with the car radio songs.  We drove through the wheat fields into an open field, out of sight from all the houses around.  We could be as loud and as crazy as we wanted without a care and that is exactly what we were doing.  The sub woofers from the cars were vibrating everything around us as we laughed and sang aloud with the music. 

            I noticed a feeling in the vibration that was different than the music.  At first I just thought the alcohol was getting to me, but the feeling became stronger.  I squeezed Jimmy’s knee and saw him looking all around us for a clue.  The vibrations became stronger, rocking the truck back and forth.  ‘Earthquake,’ I thought to myself, I had never experienced an earthquake in my entire twenty years of life.  Suddenly a high-pitched screech was followed by a ball of fire roaring through the sky.  We immediately covered our ears and screamed at the top of our lungs to stop our eardrums from bursting.  I was in complete shock and couldn’t process any type of thought.  Tears rolled from my eyes and pure fear ran through my veins as I watched more scream through the sky.  “This is it, this is it,”  I repeated over and over under my breath.       

© 2015 Riska


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice. Very nice you captured the moment and emotions

Posted 9 Years Ago


Gah! What happens next? It's descriptive so far and catching my attention! Very nice! Keep Writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Riska

9 Years Ago

This was one of my first visions of a major screenplay I have written. Soon maybe I will post the f.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2015
Last Updated on April 27, 2015

Author

Riska
Riska

Mauldin, SC



Writing
Tom Tom

A Story by Riska


Who am I? Who am I?

A Story by Riska


Is it Real? Is it Real?

A Story by Riska