Unprepared

Unprepared

A Story by RituParna Neog

It was one of those hot July summer mornings. The nights were tough to sleep because of the heat and hence,Piu found respite in sleeping late during the day .She lived alone and from an outsider's perspective, her room looks no less than ordinary. The 500sq feet room has an  array of windows towards the building front ,a low lying bed which Piu uses for a multitude of things and an attached wall cupboard.

To escape the heat ,Piu was sleeping on the floor with her pillow, she would usually sleep with her long brown hair untied.T-t-trining-t-t-trining,the mobile near Piu rings and she wakes up lazily, slowly opening her tired sleep deprived eyes to see who is it?

Looking at her phone she startled and sat upright and received the call,fearing if it might get disconnected,"Hellow,why have you called me up so early? "She tried to sound as arrogant as possible to hide her excitement .He answered," Early?Its 11.30 and by the way ,I called as I had some work close to your place and I thought of meeting you as well"She couldn't believe her ears but she realized if he's gonna come she must get ready. So without the wasting a minute she said, "Okay great!But I need sometime,I haven't brushed yet,so please come around 12."

And that was it,she hurriedly woke up,tidied the bed ,the room all she could to temporarily hide the underlying mess.She combed her hair,pulled across the bangs on her forehead and smiled to herself in the mirror. "Well I do look cute!"


Quickly browsing through her cupboard, she took out a pink disney T-shirt and a pair of denim shorts.She was just about ready,when the door bell rang,she muttered,"S**t! He already reached!"



As she opened the upper latch of the tall wooden door, there he stood,the man of her dreams,smiling to her dreamily.Yes,he is handsome, not that Greek God type,but in a raw sense.His hair was messed up ,he wore a loose untucked white with blue stripe shirt and a suede loafer.He smelled of raw cologne and cigars.He is Karan,her fellow colleague.



He teased her by saying,"Won't you call me in?"Piu blushed ,she always thought, "How come he is so intelligent to read my mind always?"She ushered him to the bedroom,well that was the only liveable room beside the other living room which was often under repairs.


He sat towards the corner on the bed ,while Piu sat on the floor,she didn't knew why she always distanced herself forcibly from his near abouts. They talked about an array of topics ranging from family to friends to disconcerting colleagues and office assignments. There were times he revealed such insightful things on his family front, Piu was delighted.He trusted her,that was the most important of all.Suddenly in midst of some discussion,he asked," Come lets go to my place!"She was surprised, "Your place?Why,I don't know your family, what would we do?" He smiled and said,"No they won't be there,we will just chill and I will show you around my house."He waited for her response.But Piu's imagination ran wild,she thought ,"What if he tries to force himself on me?How do I trust him?..."She just shook her head and meant a NO.

 

He asked,"You like me ,right?"He had an expression which read that he knew what Piu thought about him.Piu was embarrassed, she never wanted to give in to her emotions. She replied,"No ,its not like that,please don't get me wrong! "He said," Its not wrong, its not unnatural for someone to like someone..What are you afraid of?"Piu tried to divert herself ,she shifted her place and leaned against the wall.Peeping outside the window, she said, "Its too hot here!" Karan too got up from the bed and came next to her.She sat down beneath the window ,Karan sat close to her.She gathered courage and smiled mischievously looking at him,"I sometimes imagine us together,going somewhere far away from this hustle bustle.We dance and sing away the sadness.. Ummmmmm..before she realized, Karan kissed her cheek. He withdrew himself just after that ,she was shocked but she wanted to live that moment.

She told,"Is this a dream?Please pinch me .."He came close to her this time and kissed her lips,and held her tightly to his chest.She realized that the door was open and signed  him to latch it.He went quickly and bolted it and switched off the light.The room was dark but the little sun rays peeped through the dingy  glass panes and reflected their silhouettes.


She was sitting on the floor ,breathing heavily ,her eyes had lust and love both for this man.He came close,he kissed her and gently slide his hand inside her top ,through her bra and reached for her blossomed chest.The chemistry ,the energy was such that before long ,she was completely undressed and he took off his trouser.She was all wet and he felt her,he took out the protection from his shirt and inserted himself on her.He quickly slipped in between her forbidden zone,it was not tight nor loose but just the perfect one for both.He thrushed and continued to ,it lasted for half and hour,they were in pools of sweat.She said,"Aah,its enough ,I can't ..please stop."He withdrew himself ,he looked at her eyes and kissed her forehead, she was all his and was lying nude in front of him.He couldn't stop himself and groped her bosom.She lifted herself and sat up gathering the clothes.He was sitting next to her,she was ashamed thinking of it.

Maybe he guessed her emotions, he said,"Do you know the day I saw you for the first time ,I imagined both of us together ".She couldn't believe him," Really?"He said,"Yes,I carry my set of protection whenever I come to meet you."

That sounded very awkward and cheap to Piu ,but at that time she was still living those moments. She got up,"I am going for a shower."

As she was in the bathroom, she had those unknown heartbeats accompanied by restlessness.She told her mind to stop thinking too hard about what's done.She dressed herself and came inside the bedroom. He was sitting at his favorite bedside corner ,reading some magazine and smiled at her.His shirt was wet with sweat,she pointed at him saying,"Your shirt is all wet,how would you now go back home?""Ohh that's not a problem, it will be dry as I turn on the car AC".Yes ,he was rich,she thought unlike her,but he was all her's as of now.



She looked at herself in the mirror, and glided on some kohl.He snapped, "All girls are same!"" So what's wrong in looking pretty?"Piu snapped back.He was quite,but his expression meant a lot.Suddenly his mobile rang, he had to rush for his mom had called.She didn't want him to go,but it was not something she could insist upon.She told ,"Hey ,I need to go for some daily shopping,maybe I can come halfway with you.""Yes,sure!",he replied.



As they walked down the pavement, Piu had already started missing him.They were both quite but the road had come to a closure,he had to leave and she was near the store.He held her hand obligations of the surrounding, he said,"I can never forget this day,thank you!Bye,miss you!"

She had varied thoughts in her mind,why is he thanking me,did he use me like an one odd stand.Hesitantly, she replied,"Yes,bye".


They parted ways ,she went left,he went right .She didn't turn back and didn't realize if he ever did.

© 2015 RituParna Neog


Author's Note

RituParna Neog
ignore spellings and the picture taken from fifty shades of grey doesnot have any resemblance from the movie.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on September 10, 2015
Last Updated on September 10, 2015
Tags: Love, surprise, kiss, eyes, bye

Author

RituParna Neog
RituParna Neog

new delhi, India