Butterflies

Butterflies

A Story by RiverOfSilver
"

A sweet story about 2 teenagers.

"

     The two teenagers laid side-by-side in the middle of the emerald green field, basking in the sun's warmth. Butterflies were fluttering delicately around the porcelain-pale pair, alighting upon the jewel-like flowers that adorned the grassy landscape. The two had been friends for as long as they could remember, despite being as different as the blazing sun and the elegant moon. They were only in their second year of high school, but were both already dreaming of what their futures would hold, always planning to remain in eachother's lives (after all, what would be the point of being friends if they never saw eachother?).

     The girl sat up. Her companion chuckled softly as he noticed the flowers entangled in her waist-length hair. He slowly rolled onto his side and pushed himself into a sitting position from there, then began to pull a bit of the foliage out of his friend's bronze-colored hair. She giggled as she realized what had happened, and proceeded to assist the boy in "weeding" the garden that was stuck in her hair.

     After a minute or two of laughing and pulling, the plants were gone.  The girl smiled at her friend, and he grinned back.  The blond boy then plucked a delicate flower from the earth beside him and tucked it behind her ear.  Before the brunette could smile at the gesture, the boy leaned over and gave her a light kiss upon her lips.  There was an initial moment of surprise, and then the kiss was returned, conveying the same message that he had hoped to recieve.  The two pulled apart, their cheeks turning a light scarlet color, and shy smiles upon both of their faces.

     The girl stood up, and helped pull her companion up before dancing lightly away from him, silently daring the boy to try and catch her.  Gladly accepting the challenge, the young man allowed a chase to ensue.  They eventually fell to the ground, laughing and trying to catch their breath.   The last rays of the warm summer sunshine were fading over the treetops surrounding the field when the two decided to walk back home.  As they stood and looked at eachother, they knew that this would be the last time they came to their field as friends, but the first time as lovers.

     The pair kissed one more time before joining hands and walking slowly up the hill into the sunset.

© 2009 RiverOfSilver


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on April 23, 2009
Last Updated on May 7, 2009

Author

RiverOfSilver
RiverOfSilver

NY



About
There are two of us. One is Silver, the other River. We're friends, and we write together. We'll sign everything we say with our 'name'. ~River~ Yeah, there isn't really a lot to tell; most of our i.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1. Chapter 1.

A Chapter by RiverOfSilver


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by RiverOfSilver