Urma

Urma

A Story by River Grass

You and I are multidimensional Seres. And hereon, if you allow me, we will discuss the plains, sub plains, facts and measures of existence that compose the things within things. We will begin with a particle of carbon named Urma. Earth, in Homo Sapiens tongue.

 

Twenty three and 3/1325987 of a measure since the creation of that universe had passed, when Urma met disaster. A nuclearly charged asteroid the size of their empire state building collided with the south pole, near the Falkan Islands, creating a massive explosion that wiped out New Zealand, Australia, and half of South America. The collision also gave rise to a giant tsunami that exterminated most of the remaining Urma denizens.


Chaos had poured onto the Sapiens two days before the event, when the head of the United Nations finally announced what was known to scientists since 5/846249 of a measure before. And so we have here a passage from a small exchange between Sergey Molokov, a powerful, Russian mercenary, and America’s biggest pop idol, a Sapiens by the name of Elvis Presley, who had made guttural noises, seemingly pleasant to the the Urmalings, at Sergey’s mother’s funeral.


The wave approached at a systematic pace. Three horus in Urma measure before it reached North America. Sergey, joined by his husband and three daughters, guided a submersible spherical device across the Pacific ocean, towards Oyakoba, where he had fancied himself a three square mile luxurious underground bunker.


Sergey’s implant signaled a call.


Hello.. Said Sergey.


It’s me, Elvis. Said the voice in Sergey’s ear.


Who is it? asked Sergey’s husband.


I think it’s Elvis Presley. Said Sergey.


Is that your husband? Say hi for me. Said Elvis.


He says hi. Sergey said to his spouse.


His husband smiled. Elvis continued talking. This time faster, and with heartbreak in his tone.


I need a place to beam to, Sergey. Things are terrible here in New York. No one wants to let me into their compounds that side of the ocean. The wave will wipe everything below Alaska, and no one built anything over there. Please, Sergey, please help me. I’m afraid of death. You promise you’d anything for me when I agreed to come out and do my thing at your mom’s funeral. You remember, right?


Sergey meditated for a moment before addressing his family.


Hey guys, Elvis wants to beam into the vehicle, and stay at the retreat.


I don’t think so mom, but if Justin Bieber calls, no problem. Said the three daughters in unison, and with an enormous grin on their faces.


My daughters don’t like you, Elvis. I’m sorry man. Bye. Sergey said right before muting his implant.


They all laughed as they moved the sphere deeper into the cold water, and closer to the silver lined, rectangular entrance into their compound.


In the end, Urma cracked in two, and was completely decimated. Only the Sapiens in nearby planets survived.


Urma? You may ask yourself. You must understand the meaningless before we discuss the unimportant, that is the answer.

© 2012 River Grass


Author's Note

River Grass
In this piece I wanted to explore the things that the human kind concerns itself with. Government, religion, society, etc. By giving the point of view of a being much greater than this dimension, I allow the reader to see earth as a simple speckle of dust suspended amidst this universe, and also to see the irony in the things that make up our existence. Money, war, possessions, etc. All things on earth are nothing but a small moment in the immensity of time. We are so narrow sighted that we cannot see beyond what's on TV or the radio today. What difference would it make if it all ended tomorrow. What do you think? What are the important things in this life we are given?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think you succeeded in making your point in this story. Are these interdimensional aliens telling the story? Very interesting.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

River Grass

11 Years Ago

Hi, RE. Thank you so much for reading. To answer your question, they are more than aliens. The narra.. read more
I like this. I like the interactions between the characters. Great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 28, 2012
Last Updated on September 30, 2012

Author

River Grass
River Grass

DC



About
If prejudice is more important than art to you, please move along. I learned how to write and speak English only 5 years ago. I suffered many sleepless nights, and days filled with hunger as I travele.. more..

Writing
The Marsh The Marsh

A Story by River Grass