Loners Club

Loners Club

A Poem by Emilia Fox
"

A free verse poem opening a door to my mind when my social anxiety starts to act up.

"

I scan my eyes across a room full of conversation.


Unfamiliar faces, each with a story that lingers behind them.


A story untold to the naked eye.


A story that can only be told through experience.


A story that no one will truly know but oneself.


And while everybody remains deep in conversation,


I, sit in my corner stuck in a car, drowning in the lake of my thoughts.


My anxiety tensing each of my muscles into shock.


It begins with my hands, with touch colder than snow.


A once gaping hole in my chest, is now filled with a pain so unpleasant, it attacks you psychologically.


As I starred deeper and deeper in to nothing, each person slowly started to disappear right before my own eyes until I was

 
Alone. 

© 2016 Emilia Fox


Author's Note

Emilia Fox
Please leave any comments

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've been there. I once went into a supermarket and while standing in the checkout line, turned around as though I forgot something. I wound up leaving the carriage in one of the isles while I sneaked out the door. In my mind everyone was staring at me and I began to shake.

I just recently read that mindfulness meditation helps. I've just started again.



Posted 7 Years Ago


I live this. The opening lines where you are describing the inner stories of everyone is wonderful. I hope you're still writing because as good a writer as you are at 18 you have a lifetime of literature to offer the world.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2016
Last Updated on December 15, 2016
Tags: poem, free verse, free, verse, teen, 18, anxiety, emotion, feeling, personal

Author

Emilia Fox
Emilia Fox

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
In all honesty, there is not much to say about myself. I'm 18. I live in North America and i'm an aspiring writer. I hope you enjoy my work.. kind of dropped out of school for this. Haha. more..

Writing
Caught Caught

A Story by Emilia Fox