Then I Saw You

Then I Saw You

A Stage Play by Robert Clarke
"

Heartfelt Audition Monologue

"

I saw you the other day, outside your father’s house down on Fourth Street… You were wearing that blue sundress, the one your mother bought for you, the one with the flowers… You looked so alive and happy… Almost like I never existed. And as I looked at you, I thought to myself, look what you let get away…

Or did I push you away? (breathe) Then I saw him come out of the house and wrap you up, and you were smiling as he kissed you. You never smiled like that with me!

 

You never even looked at me! Didn’t you know I was crazy about you? Didn’t you know that I would have done anything for you? Anything! (breathe) But you didn’t even know me, we barely spoke one word to one another. And after all the wasted time I quit trying to get your attention. You moved on with your life as If I was never part of it, and I never truly let you go. It’s been four years, and I finally began to move on with my life. I met a girl and I got a new job…. Everything seemed good again, then I saw you.

© 2015 Robert Clarke


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on October 15, 2015
Last Updated on October 15, 2015
Tags: monologue, sad, heartfelt, honest, real, raw

Author

Robert Clarke
Robert Clarke

Traverse City, MI



About
A lover of the written word. Short stories, poems, and audition monologues. For the fun of imagination. more..

Writing