Storms

Storms

A Poem by Robert Cohen

Storms can sometimes be very difficult things to deal with, but there are also different types of storms we have to deal with in our life. Some storms we deal with are hard and physical storms like the storm with the weather, and other storms are mental storms we deal with in everyday life such as Hurricane Matthew. Hurricane Matthew was a physical storm that did a lot of physical damage to the city of Savannah. We as people sometimes don’t realize how blessed we are to be living in the world that  we live in because there are third world countries such as Haiti that are suffering that don’t  have much to start with and the little that they did have, they lost most of it to Hurricane Matthew.


Now there is another type of storm that I want to deal with; the mental storm of everyday life that we have to deal with there are certain storms in our life that we just can’t get around and there are certain storms that God takes us through to get us where he feels like we need to be so that he can bless us and we must take heed to his Word. But, God will not infringe on your free will so it’s up to you to choose him and all he will do is gently call you and if you don’t heed his message then he’ll give you fair warning and most times he will give you more than one warning. It just takes the ones who answer longer to answer because they don't fully understand the benefits of having a relationship with God. The people that don’t answer do not understand the days and times that we are living in and how important having a relationship with God is. It takes time for them to have a relationship with God, so always be careful in what you do and make sure what you do is done in love and because you want to. God won’t force you to do anything, and you shouldn’t let anyone else push you to do anything either. 

© 2017 Robert Cohen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on January 23, 2017
Last Updated on January 23, 2017

Author

Robert Cohen
Robert Cohen

Savannah, GA



About
I am a native of Savannah, Ga. Born with Cerebral Palsy. I have been writing poetry since I was eleven years old. I am the Author of three published books. (1) Joys, Fears, and Tears (2) Inspiration: .. more..

Writing