Pope Francis

Pope Francis

A Story by Perspective
"

Just a couple facts from Pope Francis explained

"

Pope Francis


Pope Francis is the 266th and current Pope of the Catholic Church. Born in Flores, Buenos Aires, Argentina. The day, December 17, 1936. He was Ordained a Catholic priest in 1969, and from 1973 to 1979 was Argentina’s provincial supervisor of the society of Jesus. Bergoglio chose Francis as his papal name in honor of Saint Francis of Assisi. Francis is the first Jesuit Pope, the first from the Americas, the first from the Southern Hemisphere and the first non-European Pope since the Syrian Gregory III in 741.


Now that who he is has been established, why he is an important person must be explained. Yes, he is a Pope, but what sets him apart from the others, not his ethnicity, not the branch of the church he is from, those are unimportant compared too his views. Sure maybe it might be his origin that has influenced his views. Regardless the cause, these views are very important. Why, because they might have a rather positive impact on the treatment of people, and their sexual relations. And on a much larger scale, the treatment of our home, planet Earth.


To start with our equality as people I will state Pope Francis’s views on Homosexual relations, he does not support them, he views them as a sin, as per the traditional Christian view on the subject. However unlike what it has been, where homosexuals have been pushed away from the Catholic church, and many other branches of Christianity. Rather, Pope Francis encourages churches to welcome homosexuals into the church. He says that the point of the church is to bring the people from Sin and into the righteous path of god. So he wants the churches to welcome homosexuals so that they might be brought into the righteous path of god and away from sin.

This does not sound like an improvement at first glance, that is why it has to be looked into to find the significance. This is actually a major step forward. Before homosexuals were looked down upon and shunned, even met with cruelty. Now they may still be looked down upon, but if the Christians people actually listen to Pope Francis, then the shunning and cruelty towards homosexuals should be greatly lessened. This should make it possible for homosexual christians to attend church with out feeling in constant danger of personal and physical attacks. Of course, they will still be looked down upon, it is only the nature of humans in general to be afraid of those that are different, unfortunately no cure has been found to that. All the same this will be a big step forward in equality and acceptance in the church. All due to the views of Pope Francis.


The other view is that on climate change. Which, just among the general populace, is a massively controversial issue, let alone in the Catholic church. Pope Francis is not covertly slipping a message into a sermon about climate change, he isn’t speaking in a language we don’t understand he is plainly saying the humanity’s “reckless” behavior has pushed the planet to a perilous “breaking point.” And that “Doomsday predictions can no longer be met with irony or disdain.”

Pope Francis has not left much doubt about the culprits, he criticized many. Big businesses, energy companies, short-sighted politicians, callous Christians, and the worst culprit (In my opinion) are indifferent individuals.

These individuals are the ones saying, “I don’t care how its made as long as my I-pod is playing music.” or “I don’t have to worry about polluting the air because by the time my actions have an effect I will be dead.” I have news for you, it has already taken effect, and the effects are very obvious. The best example I have to share with you is the Olympic mountains. During the summer of 2015 “The Olympic Mountain snowpack had melted down to three percent of average.”1 This is not a good sign in the way of our climate in the foreseeable future. 

The mountains that my father (age 54) spent many summers in high school having snow ball fights and hiking through the snow with friends, are now bare in the summers. I went to Sequim early this summer and was rather disappointed by the view of the mountains, which was nothing but that of black barren mountains. But many people do not know this, or if they do, they don’t care. 

Hence why indifferent individuals are the worse culprit, and, the most dangerous. If no one speaks, then nothing will change. Which is why when Pope Francis "The Earth, our home, is beginning to look more and more like an immense pile of filth, In many parts of the planet, the elderly lament that once beautiful landscapes are now covered with rubbish." I am drawn to seeing what he is getting at, and what his solution, or way to reaching one is.

And his goal is to tell “every person living on this planet.” about “our common home.” This is absolutely wonderful. People need to know about our common home, and the fact that a person with such influence as the Pope is the one saying this, only adds to the enormity of the matter. The only worry I have is that people will ignore what Pope Francis has to say because “he is a Christian.” or “Global warming is just a myth created by renewable energy companies so more people will buy their products and electricity.” or my favorite. “But according to Donald Trump Global warming is a sham.” All the people who are saying these things are the ones I warned about most, the “Indifferent individuals.” Because these are the people who are more willing to believe what the sad man with the big hair whose job title literally by definition means to act in a way that benefits ones self, over what any and every honest environmental scientist is saying, that global warming is real. 


So now I turn to you with the facts I have presented. These are simple things brought to light by Pope Francis. What you do with them is purely up to you. You can choose to ignore what I have said and be one of the “Indifferent individuals” who are destroying our world, and the lives of those in it who are different. Or you can be part of the solution, take this knowledge and spread it, tell people about what the Pope has brought to light. Those are your two options, part of the problem or part of the solution, and I urge you to be part of the solution, or else we shall plunge ourselves into a physical and mental pit of filth, hate, and destruction. One that I guarantee you, that you will not survive through, nor will your children. The entire human race, and all the organisms big and small that live on earth “Our common home” will be destroyed.



~That one guy with the scarf~

Written by: Quinton R. McCoy

September-28-2015





1:http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20150215/NEWS/302159980

© 2015 Perspective


Author's Note

Perspective
Go ahead and be as harsh on me as you think necessary. I'm a big boy and can handle some honesty, it would be a relief to have some to be honest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on September 29, 2015
Last Updated on September 29, 2015
Tags: Political, Religious, Environment