Mother Function

Mother Function

A Story by Robyn Wood
"

First paragraph of the first chapter...

"
Where to begin?  Certainly there is a logical place, but this is no story of logic this is a story of the heart.  So, I begin with a heart-warming image of a little girl.  She's smiling we're outside near the pool, although, it's too cold to swim.  She calls my name, "Mommy."  I turn and snap her picture.  Often I look at this photograph and it brings a smile to my lips, recalling her bright-sunshine laughter.  There are other photos, too, taken when she was older, around thirteen, but there's no hint of a smile in them.  There is only a sardonic sneer one that growls, Go away, Mother."  And this is a matter of the heart: the heart-ache, heart-sick worry, and frustration.  It comes with raising a daughter through her teen years.  The time when the smiling child fled and a rift opened between us. During this time I no longer understood how to reach her heart, nor she how to find mine.

© 2012 Robyn Wood


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ahh this piece tasted like a hint of metaphor, with emotive illusions of grammar and heartfelt verbs of vanilla on my tongue

Posted 11 Years Ago


What a special Mother and Child reunion that is going to be! Very nice start that one would suspect will be typical. It's just that every parent's own encounter with their child is quite unique indeed!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 30, 2012
Last Updated on September 30, 2012

Author

Robyn Wood
Robyn Wood

Truth or Consequences, NM



About
I'm a freelance writer and editor. more..

Writing