The Warlord's Tribulation

The Warlord's Tribulation

A Story by Rococopay
"

This is a prologue that I wrote the other day, it started as just free writing but the more I've thought about it, the more I've been debating making this my Novel project.

"

Prologue

Payton Smith

            The young knight stood atop a floating chunk of earth, looking up towards a tower built on a cloud. His full set of armor had been sundered off, leaving him only with leggings and gauntlets. The sword he’d started with held bite marks and chips missing from the once razor sharp blade. Tattered, torn, and bloody, the scarf wrapped around his chest and neck flapped in the strong wind.

The piece of floating earth ascended to the cloud and the knight stepped onto it, without falling through. He walked to the towers entrance, an open archway, and stepped in. Inside was dark and he could barely make out the outlines of a stairway. Following the path slowly, the knight twisted up the cylindrical tower. Closer to the top, sun and fire light shimmered down from the upper room.

As he came into the room, he witnessed a terrifying scene. Before him stood a tall, slender creature with dark red eyes and horns protruding from its skull. The creature lifted its hand to reveal long fingers with razor sharp nails.

Moments before he could react, the creature had charged him and now grasped him in its tendril like fingers. The young knight flailed, but it was of no use, the creature had bested him before he had walked into the room. It carried him to an open window in the room and tossed him out without making an effort.

As the knight fell, he extended his arms to try and grab the cloud, but his fingertips only scathed the surface. He turned to face the ground as he plummeted towards the earth.

© 2014 Rococopay


Author's Note

Rococopay
So this is just a random passage I wrote the other night, now I’m starting to think I might take this on as my novel project. Is it something you find interesting or does it grab your attention, anything that seems to need repair or does it not make sense at all?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on February 7, 2014
Last Updated on February 7, 2014
Tags: Warlord, Prologue, Writing, Stories, Novel, Fantasy, Fiction, Literature, Sword, Magic, Demons, Warrior, Warriors, Soldier, Soldiers, Magicians, Young Adult

Author

Rococopay
Rococopay

Spokane, WA



About
I am a 21 year old writer, with an amazing girl by my side and a beautiful baby girl:).. Not only do I write for myself, I write for them, and for anyone who can find enjoyment in my pieces. Mainly, I.. more..

Writing